Reds

Topics related to Second Age
Fili

Reds

Post by Fili »

Hi all,

I am new to the shard but an old timer returning to a game that I loved.

Being new and all I have been frequently pk'd, which I have come to accept again. To me its a part of the great cut throat game of uo. I have found though that on this shard most reds have a heart and are willing to res you, give you back any runes you have on you, don't kill your mount and a few recall regs to get home. That is of course if you don't hit the report a murder button.

My questions are:- Is this a standard shard thing of not reporting murderers to easily get home?

And to the reds, do most of you practice this sort of returning of the above items for not reporting a count?

Thanks,

Fili

Capitalist

Re: Reds

Post by Capitalist »

The dungeon gankers are typically so rich that they don't touch your stuff. They kill for sport, not for prize. A few will loot you, but unless you're on a nice mount they won't care for that either. If you don't count somebody (furthering them into stat), then it's no harm no foul and they'll treat you like the little puppy you are to them.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

orevamp

Post by orevamp »

I can usually elude 8 out of ten times, but if not count em every time! one day you or someone will catch that wimp away from his posse and put him out of commission for a while. If one man can't kill me he doesn't deserve special treatment, I'll walk fk you :)
[Uhh] Eo wrote:PK's want counts. If you want a res and to be treated nice, leave a big bounty on the PK's head.
just remember if that bounty is filled it comes straight out of your bank :)
Last edited by orevamp on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

PK's want counts. If you want a res and to be treated nice, leave a big bounty on the PK's head.
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

[Uhh] Eo wrote:PK's want counts. If you want a res and to be treated nice, leave a big bounty on the PK's head.
Or they'll be forced to bounty themselves!

:shock:

Millerisfuntoplay

Post by Millerisfuntoplay »

azheman wrote:
Or they'll be forced to bounty themselves!

:shock:
Lol

Kinja

Post by Kinja »

orevamp wrote:... just remember if that bounty is filled it comes straight out of your bank :)
Hah, that reminds me. A friend of mine back on Atlantic kept complaining that somehow someone was stealing his gold out of his bank box. This went on for months, and he lost thousands and thousands of gold. Finally, he paged a GM, who did some checking and found that he had recently reported someone for murder and placed a large bounty. LOL! He thought the bounty was paid by the game, not his own bank box. He and I had a very good laugh about that afterwards. I remind him of that blunder ever so often.

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

Kinja wrote:
orevamp wrote:... just remember if that bounty is filled it comes straight out of your bank :)
Hah, that reminds me. A friend of mine back on Atlantic kept complaining that somehow someone was stealing his gold out of his bank box. This went on for months, and he lost thousands and thousands of gold. Finally, he paged a GM, who did some checking and found that he had recently reported someone for murder and placed a large bounty. LOL! He thought the bounty was paid by the game, not his own bank box. He and I had a very good laugh about that afterwards. I remind him of that blunder ever so often.

Annnnnnd... I just learned something. Seriously, I did not know that fact.
Thank you. :mrgreen:

Fili

Post by Fili »

Thanks for the replies guys much appreiated

Stephen83084

Post by Stephen83084 »

What happens if you put a bounty on the guy let’s say 100,000 from a newbie char you had 100,000 in the bank then you took it out. When someone turns in the head what happens?

RaveGreen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RaveGreen »

Whoever turns in the head gets the complete bounty. Not sure when it is actually taken from your bank account...

Asha [C^V]
Varamyr [C^V]
Marwa [<<< ,EBK, >>>]

IRC:Brandon

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Bounty is taken out of the bank when placed (99% sure), and not anyone can turn in the head. I think you either have to have killed him, or be the one who cut his head off, or something like that.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

UsualSuspect

Post by UsualSuspect »

I think you have to have positive karma/fame too

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Nah, you don't have to be positive fame/karma you just need to be a blue, and to be involved in dealing killing damage to be able to claim the bounty.
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Grifty McGrift

Post by Grifty McGrift »

I like to role play my red a bit.

That said, if its a for fair field fight, I will rez or not give a murder count. But if I PK you while your farming you ought to give me a murder count. I'm not going to rez you. I will dry loot you and kill/steal your mount.
"They used to call me Grifty McGrift. I wrote the book on flim-flammin"