Where is everyone?

Topics related to Second Age
Berious

Where is everyone?

Post by Berious »

Just made an account today and I've been running around the towns doing noob stuff trying to scratch a noob living and start a character. But I was wondering where the people are? Moved over from another freeshard that gets less that half UOSA's usually reported online players but over there Britain is heaving whereas here it's comparatively quiet. Is this just a symptom of a more established server - everyone off doing their own thing? Where are the big social places?

I'm not asking to be snide or to troll, just wondering where I can connect with the community.

Galendae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Where is everyone?

Post by Galendae »

WBB

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

There's a few of us in Delucia, including a pair of PK's that have a gate near where the sheeps spawn (N-W of town, near the small lake). It can get busy at times. There the LAW guild as well, but I have not initiated contact with them as of now.

I woudn't know for anywhere else as I am quite new and quite dependant on wool that Delucia's sheep provide (especially since no one PMed me to sell me wool).

Welcome to UOSA btw !
-- François
Last edited by Francois424 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

If you need help getting started I have some empty houses you can use indefinitely until you make enough to buy your own. Just send me a PM whenever you need any help I will do what I can.

Welcome!
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I'd say 75% of the people on this shard are not townies.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

nevermind

Post by nevermind »

might have a little a little to do with the fact that for a large portion of our players spring has sprung lawns to mow cars to wash ect.
irc axejunkie

Berious

Post by Berious »

Thanks for the info and especially offers of help! I'd like to get started under my own steam for now but I might well hit people up later ;)

Having spent a little more time in-game it does seem like people are spread out around the other cities more, which is nice. Yew is was pretty busy. Just getting to grips with the old school interface now. Dumped a stack of gold on a training NPC thinking he'd just take what he needed and put the remainder in my pack but the thieving git too the lot! Luckily it was only a few hundred gold.

okgoace

Post by okgoace »

Ive been here for about 6 weeks now and this is just my breakdown

Active Towns
- WBB
- Moonglow bank
- Yew bank
- Papua & Delucia bank

Active Places around the world
- Brit GY(Most pvp happens here unfortunately)
- Yew Liches & Yew Orc Fort
- Destard
- Any duel arena set up (refer to rune libraries)

Most people that i see when im on are going to be people hunting, usually the same places that i am. Careful for when you start going into dungeons and taking on higher end mobs, this server is about 50% pk.

Greenhell

Post by Greenhell »

I like the shard overall, but one thing I'm not crazy about is the amount of character slots available. I think a big part of what your seeing is because of this. As long as you have a revenue stream you can make an alt to crank out anything you could want. This definitely takes away from a sense of community. There's simply less motivation to interact with other players because of this. The vendor aspect of the game suffers as well, since there's no real need to go to one. Except of course for regs, which are gathered with the cheesy afk resource gathering bs.

It's also very annoying to kill someone and have their red alts appear 2 seconds later, or have to fight one player controlling 3 alts at once all programmed to cross-heal or focus fire another person. Or people plant ghost alts to keep an area under constant surveillance, or hide a tracker alt where they are hunting. All of this takes so much away from the game. Personally I think the shard would be more fun and would have a greater sense of community involvement if we were all limited to one account with 5 toons.

okgoace

Post by okgoace »

Greenhell wrote:I like the shard overall, but one thing I'm not crazy about is the amount of character slots available. I think a big part of what your seeing is because of this. As long as you have a revenue stream you can make an alt to crank out anything you could want. This definitely takes away from a sense of community. There's simply less motivation to interact with other players because of this. The vendor aspect of the game suffers as well, since there's no real need to go to one. Except of course for regs, which are gathered with the cheesy afk resource gathering bs.

It's also very annoying to kill someone and have their red alts appear 2 seconds later, or have to fight one player controlling 3 alts at once all programmed to cross-heal or focus fire another person. Or people plant ghost alts to keep an area under constant surveillance, or hide a tracker alt where they are hunting. All of this takes so much away from the game. Personally I think the shard would be more fun and would have a greater sense of community involvement if we were all limited to one account with 5 toons.
Have never seen the bottom paragraph play out on this server. With razor, none of that is possible unless you manually are setting last targets on all clients.

Greenhell

Post by Greenhell »

okgoace wrote:
Greenhell wrote:I like the shard overall, but one thing I'm not crazy about is the amount of character slots available. I think a big part of what your seeing is because of this. As long as you have a revenue stream you can make an alt to crank out anything you could want. This definitely takes away from a sense of community. There's simply less motivation to interact with other players because of this. The vendor aspect of the game suffers as well, since there's no real need to go to one. Except of course for regs, which are gathered with the cheesy afk resource gathering bs.

Have never seen the bottom paragraph play out on this server. With razor, none of that is possible unless you manually are setting last targets on all clients.

I'm sure you've seen people's alts appear a second or two after you kill them, you've seen people ghosting hunting spots so their red can 'appear' at just the right time, and people hiding trackers while they hunt. I've personally fought one player simultaneously playing 3 toons in Destard on many occasions. I called him out on it but it didnt' matter because he no speekee egrish. Glad you haven't seen the last one it's very annoying. People also set up alt bots that trigger attacks on the word 'cross' when people get on the boats, hally bots to attack people who appear etc etc. You have never seen any of this behaviour tho ...

okgoace

Post by okgoace »

Greenhell wrote:
okgoace wrote:

I'm sure you've seen people's alts appear a second or two after you kill them, you've seen people ghosting hunting spots so their red can 'appear' at just the right time, and people hiding trackers while they hunt. I've personally fought one player simultaneously playing 3 toons in Destard on many occasions. I called him out on it but it didnt' matter because he no speekee egrish. Glad you haven't seen the last one it's very annoying. People also set up alt bots that trigger attacks on the word 'cross' when people get on the boats, hally bots to attack people who appear etc etc. You have never seen any of this behaviour tho ...
Only on UOGamers with Krrios Client. I know how it is possible, never seen it employed here. Screenshot your way to a believer.

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

Greenhell wrote:People also set up alt bots that trigger attacks on the word 'cross' when people get on the boats, hally bots to attack people who appear etc etc. You have never seen any of this behaviour tho ...
LOL that's got to be TG..I love you so much Malice.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

50% PK ?

Umm... I better join a guild soon, and I hope I can farm without getting PKed every day or 2.
50% is just... way too much in my book. 10-20% tops would be Ideal.

But that's just me !

okgoace

Post by okgoace »

Francois424 wrote:50% PK ?

Umm... I better join a guild soon, and I hope I can farm without getting PKed every day or 2.
50% is just... way too much in my book. 10-20% tops would be Ideal.

But that's just me !
Everytime i've farmed in the past 6 weeks i have encountered pk's. You have two options, if they are solo you can fight them or recall. If they are multiple, you can recall.

Just be aware of your surroundings, incoming names etc, make a recall hotkey and a macro for recall target rune.