Thank You, the Murderer Jimi Hendrix

Topics related to Second Age
Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Thank You, the Murderer Jimi Hendrix

Post by Budner »

So I'm hunting liches, get low on health, and the red Jimi Hendrix pops out of nowhere and kills me in a 2 seconds before I can heal or recall away.

But unlike most reds, Jimi hung around, rez'd me, healed me and gated me to civilization. As opposed to having to take the LONG walk from the depths of Deceit to a far away town.

I don't like being PK'd, but really appreciate a rez and a gate.

So just a plea to you murderers to be thoughtful after whacking us.

liinniejj

Re: Thank You, the Murderer Jimi Hendrix

Post by liinniejj »

^^ indeed least get yer victims back into the game with eighter leave them a way home on their corpse and ress or ress and gate them to a town:P

Made by Nystal Games, New up and coming indie Developer.

Golden Spookytooth

Post by Golden Spookytooth »

That is pretty cool. The worst part of getting killed is the walk. Items come
And go but if I can only play an hour it sucks to spend 15 mins running to town.
Witch Tripper

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Eh...I'm almost offended when reds want to rez or gate or have any contact with me after I get whacked. But I'm an old school stubborn fool. I like my reds murderous and unforgiving. I want them to dry loot me down to the last useless bracelet I'm wearing and cut my my corpse up to chew on the beef jerky.
These reds these days, all they want is to top some useless kill charts or bounty boards. Blood lust just ain't what it used to be. /rant off
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Golden Spookytooth wrote: it sucks to spend 15 mins running to town.
You could use the help -> stuck feature to warp you back to a random town, and go fix yourself a sammich while you wait. :P
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

inkognito wrote:
You could use the help -> stuck feature to warp you back to a random town, and go fix yourself a sammich while you wait. :P
Can only use once in 24hrs, so if you come across a situation where you REALLY need it you'll be really stuck.

It is generally frowned upon to abuse this function this way.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

What an idiot. Whats the point of ressing AND gating? He just waisted res regs. He can just gate you to town and you can run to the healer! What a sap...

p.s. Jimi only waits for noobs to get low on health because he cant kill anyone with full health as he is a noob himself...
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Pirul wrote:
inkognito wrote:
Can only use once in 24hrs, so if you come across a situation where you REALLY need it you'll be really stuck.

It is generally frowned upon to abuse this function this way.
This is very true and I don't condone using this feature unless you are really "stuck"

I would think since there is a limit of use on it that it's pretty impossible to abuse.
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Kye Smogg

Post by Kye Smogg »

Guys like this are a cancer to the server. Frequenting hunting areas that newer players might be found just to PK only drives them off the server. The counter-argument from the way-too-call-pro-PVPers is "put your big boy pants on" or the "perhaps play a different game if getting PK'ed is that big of a deal".

But the problem is a large majority of the murderer player base are simply complete nitwits and have no clue of the server implications of their actions.

Offering Res/Gate after PK is like a guy who beats his wife and then takes her out to dinner. I'd rather walk 15 minutes than take anything from a cowardly PK who gets off on killing unsuspecting players.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

I dunno, I'm hardly a new player. It's actually the more advanced hot spots with elite monsters that get the most reds. I escape 9 out of 10 times. Keeps me on my toes, makes the game more interesting, worrying about reds. I wish there were more.

Man are they active today. Never seen so many reds in a single day. Symptom of a growing population? Hope so.

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Golden Spookytooth wrote:That is pretty cool. The worst part of getting killed is the walk. Items come
And go but if I can only play an hour it sucks to spend 15 mins running to town.
With the ability to have 3 accts, there isnt a reason to have to walk anywhere or very far after being pk'd. Prepare before
you go and have the means to save yourself!
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Orion GM B^D wrote:
Golden Spookytooth wrote:That is pretty cool. The worst part of getting killed is the walk. Items come
With the ability to have 3 accts, there isnt a reason to have to walk anywhere or very far after being pk'd. Prepare before
you go and have the means to save yourself!
Truth here.
More advanced players have gaters camped at the res houses. Mine act as a refilling station. They pass me regs, extra rune, whatever then usually act as a walking rune library for me also. I'm back at my corpse within sixty seconds wherever I am.

Fun part is being pk'd and getting back before the assailant has left to pvp. Winner gets my corpse loot. Good times.
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

Kye Smogg wrote:Guys like this are a cancer to the server. Frequenting hunting areas that newer players might be found just to PK only drives them off the server. The counter-argument from the way-too-call-pro-PVPers is "put your big boy pants on" or the "perhaps play a different game if getting PK'ed is that big of a deal".

But the problem is a large majority of the murderer player base are simply complete nitwits and have no clue of the server implications of their actions.

Offering Res/Gate after PK is like a guy who beats his wife and then takes her out to dinner. I'd rather walk 15 minutes than take anything from a cowardly PK who gets off on killing unsuspecting players.
Stop crying
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Pac

Post by Pac »

Kye Smogg wrote:Guys like this are a cancer to the server. Frequenting hunting areas that newer players might be found just to PK only drives them off the server. The counter-argument from the way-too-call-pro-PVPers is "put your big boy pants on" or the "perhaps play a different game if getting PK'ed is that big of a deal".

PKs have been rampant on this server from day one and the population has done nothing but grow. That's part of the game "wahh wahh drives them off the serve no clue of the server implications wahh wahh"

People play whatever playstyle they enjoy. Worrying about the 'server implications' is just some BS you came up with to try to cover from your "OMG PK" whining.

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

I feel sorry for any human being that is entertained by the artificial intelligence of T2A monsters. PK's are essential for everybody's enjoyment of the shard.
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.