Treasure Maps

Topics related to Second Age
Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Treasure Maps

Post by Budner »

True or False: A particular monster can only drop one level of map, i.e. a blood elemental can ONLY drop a level 5 map.

In the case of certain monsters, like blood elementals and ancient wyrms, my understanding is that they can drop ONLY level 5 maps. Are there other monsters that can, for example, drop both level 2 and level 3 maps?

Thanks.

okgoace

Re: Treasure Maps

Post by okgoace »

I recently sold all of my maps aquired from dragons/ice fiends/ deamons / slayers and was told they were all lvl 4.
Offered to sell maps from wyverns/drakes/cyclops/titans but was told they can be lvl 3-4

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

This seems to indicate that monsters only yield a single level of map:

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Treasure_ma ... e_maps_.3F

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Actually, no, they can yield different types of maps: http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Cartography
What monsters carry treasure maps ?
Map Level - Monsters
1 - Earth Elementals, Ettins, Evil Mage, Gargoyles, Gazers, Liches, Ogres, Ophidian Enforcers, Ophidian Warriors, Orcs, Orc Lords, Orc Mages, Terathan Warriors, and Trolls.
2 - Air Elementals, Fire Elementals, Frost Trolls, Mummy, Ophidian Apprentice Mages, Ophidian Justicar, Ophidian Shaman, (Ophidian Zealots), Reapers, Sea Serpents, Snow Elementals, Stone Gargoyles, Water Elementals and Wyverns.
3 - Cyclopean Warriors, (Evil Mage Lords), Drakes, Dread Spiders, Efreets, Frost Trolls, Liches, Ogre Lords, Ophidian Avengers, Ophidian Knight-Errants, Snow Elementals and Terathan Avengers.
4 - Daemons, Deep Sea Serpents, Dragons, Elder Gazers, Ice Fiends, Lich Lords, Terathan Matriarchs, Titans and White Wyrms.
5 - Ancient Wyrms, Balrons, Blood Elementals, Ophidian Matriarchs, Poison Elementals and Titans.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Right, good point.

RaveGreen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RaveGreen »

I was going to ask a question about decoding and selling, but answered my own question from the wiki that Pirul linked:
Once decoded, this map cannot be passed off to another player -- the first person to decode the map must also be the one who digs up the treasure.
So, I have a different question instead: If a person (ie: ME) failed to keep track of what his or her maps dropped off of, I am assuming it is better (more profitable) to either create yourself a treasure hunter or have a friend decode/dig it up for you, rather than selling for some agreed upon price for an unknown map level?

Asha [C^V]
Varamyr [C^V]
Marwa [<<< ,EBK, >>>]

IRC:Brandon

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

You could find a treasure hunter/buyer you trust who can pay you for the map after he figures out what level map it is.

RaveGreen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RaveGreen »

Good point Budner - does this trustworthy treasure hunter exist within this community?!? What are the going rates for the different level maps? I'll do some more research, just hoping someone has quick answers to these questions.

Asha [C^V]
Varamyr [C^V]
Marwa [<<< ,EBK, >>>]

IRC:Brandon

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

RaveGreen wrote:Good point Budner - does this trustworthy treasure hunter exist within this community?!? What are the going rates for the different level maps? I'll do some more research, just hoping someone has quick answers to these questions.
Liquidfire did that for me with ~25 maps.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Just sold 49 of my "unknown" maps. I'm hoping there were at least 3 or 4 level 5's in the bunch. But we shall see. I really need to be more organized after I dump my loot from a long day's monster grind.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Any char with fair fighting skills and at least 50 magery can do lvl 1 maps easy. So I suggest you take a char like that with 0 cartography and try to decode your maps. If you decode it, then it's a lvl 1 (dig it up and make an easy k). If you fail to decode, AND on the lower left hand side of the screen you see a legend that says something like: "This map is too difficult for you to attempt to decode", then it is lvl 2+. If you fail to decode but get no system message on the lower left hand side of the screen, then it also is a lvl 1 map (you can still sell for around 350-500gps per, or do them yourself).

I know Kelektra used to have a "map ID" service where he'd tell you what map was what level (because he had cartographers at the minumum skill level to decode different maps), and later Cattie also did it. I am not sure if she still does.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

I've sold level 5 maps to Laz, Pirul, Plagues, all of which were honest dealers, if helpful.