IRC scamming?

Topics related to Second Age
smokybarnable

IRC scamming?

Post by smokybarnable »

Wow..I just got banned for "IRC scamming" for telling someone that a tower might fit where a patio was IDOC'ing. Did it ever occur to you that I might have been trying to help someone out? Bizarre.
Last edited by smokybarnable on Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: IRC scamming?

Post by Soma »

[18:16:37] <flipper> bring a small deed
[18:18:56] * Jayrich (~SecondAge@24-113-234-156.wavecable.com) Quit (Read error: EOF from client)
[18:19:34] * deadmau5 (~SecondAge@184.91.172.248) Quit (Read error: EOF from client)
[18:19:39] <@Braden> !addlamer flipper Perm: IRC Scamming
[18:19:40] * W sets mode: +b *!*@206.128.66.155
[18:19:40] * flipper was kicked by W ((Braden) Perm: IRC Scamming)
[18:19:51] * Nabooz-afk is now known as Nabooz
[18:19:53] <Ohm> hahahah
[18:20:09] * W sets mode: +l 139
[18:20:13] <@Braden> He was telling the truth; however, telling people to bring a small house deed can only be for one reason
[18:20:46] * Woabnak (~SecondAge@user-0cdvhus.cable.mindspring.com) has left #secondage
[18:21:16] * W sets mode: +l 138
[18:21:50] <jekkis> Bringing a small deed to an IDOC?
[18:22:11] <nightshark> house deeds are unlootable
[18:22:17] <@Braden> Only in the base pack
[18:22:43] <nightshark> i dont get how advertising an idoc is scamming
[18:22:44] * MrFiggy (~IceChat77@h17.124.178.64.dynamic.ip.windstream.net) Quit (Quit: Not that there is anything wrong with that)
[18:22:49] <Cullinarn> LOL
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

smokybarnable

Post by smokybarnable »

Wish I knew what the super secret bring small deed to a idoc scam was.

Venom

Post by Venom »

in some sense the admin is right mate... I know your intentions might not of been what they seem, but imagine if someone did do it and the admin hadnt stepped in....

Venom : Bard - Mage - S3X
Venomous : Rogue - Fighter - S3X

smokybarnable

Post by smokybarnable »

Venom wrote:in some sense the admin is right mate... I know your intentions might not of been what they seem, but imagine if someone did do it and the admin hadnt stepped in....
That's perfectly fine, I just don't understand what the scam is?

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

He didn't say "bring a small deed in a pouch." Are we gonna ban people for suggesting you take a pickaxe mining?

Venom

Post by Venom »

McSchnurke wrote:He didn't say "bring a small deed in a pouch." Are we gonna ban people for suggesting you take a pickaxe mining?
yes but frankly your just being awkward. although correct ;) (work that one out LOL)

But telling him to bring the deed on IRC, then when he was with him anything could of happend "put it in pouch" etc etc... you are correct there was no FORMAL scamming, but meh it happens.

Venom : Bard - Mage - S3X
Venomous : Rogue - Fighter - S3X

smokybarnable

Post by smokybarnable »

This person was interested in a tower so I just suggested they place a small after the patio collapsed so they might have a chance to place a tower later. Still having trouble following the scam logic....I may have to give myself a lobotomy to glean any insight.

Casey
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Casey »

GMs can be anywhere at any time without you knowing it, and based on irc chat not posted above, Braiden used your irc chat and your in game text to make the decision to ban you. At least that is what I gathered.

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

Casey wrote:GMs can be anywhere at any time without you knowing it, and based on irc chat not posted above, Braiden used your irc chat and your in game text to make the decision to ban you. At least that is what I gathered.
Except if this is the case, Braden banned him from IRC for something said in game. That seems shady. FREE FLIPPER!

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

Or not. . . it's just IRC.

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

rofl braden awsome show
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

smokybarnable

Post by smokybarnable »

Casey wrote:GMs can be anywhere at any time without you knowing it, and based on irc chat not posted above, Braiden used your irc chat and your in game text to make the decision to ban you. At least that is what I gathered.

Interesting. I have to admit, this is very reminiscent of how OSI handled policing players. Well done. Very era accurate.

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

smokybarnable wrote:

Interesting. I have to admit, this is very reminiscent of how OSI handled policing players. Well done. Very era accurate.
tbh dude did u plan to scamm that guy and got cought ingame for something u said? i just wonder
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

smokybarnable

Post by smokybarnable »

Arsen wrote:
smokybarnable wrote:

tbh dude did u plan to scamm that guy and got cought ingame for something u said? i just wonder
I wasn't saying anything in game. I was hiding next to the idoc. Of course I wasn't planning on scamming anyone. I couldn't even imagine someone being foolish enough to put a deed in a pouch, let alone do what I tell them to do...didn't even know the characters name. I suspect I got banned for advertising an idoc, but I didn't know that was illegal.