I QUIT

Topics related to Second Age
rogue78

I QUIT

Post by rogue78 »

I have been playing this free shard for about a month now. I've noticed that one of the reasons why this game is not as popular as it used to be is because of the PK's looting and preying on noobs. I played this game from 1998-2004, and back then with the introduction of Felucca for the thieves to live in made the game thrive. Without that unscrupulous element. Maybe this game can have a thriving economy. I mean there are people killing noobs for bone armor and rune books.. for christ sake.. how low can you go. You will never see anything good in this game without a good stable economy. I couldn't even find 1 gm smith to repair my armor. Why because anyone who tries to GM at anything will get killed and looted for the little things that they have. This make the game frustrating and redundant. Have fun killing noobs. But just remember that this game will never see the glory of the true UO.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: I QUIT

Post by Light Shade »

rogue78 wrote:I have been playing this free shard for about a month now. I've noticed that one of the reasons why this game is not as popular as it used to be is because of the PK's looting and preying on noobs. I played this game from 1998-2004, and back then with the introduction of Felucca for the thieves to live in made the game thrive. Without that unscrupulous element. Maybe this game can have a thriving economy. I mean there are people killing noobs for bone armor and rune books.. for christ sake.. how low can you go. You will never see anything good in this game without a good stable economy. I couldn't even find 1 gm smith to repair my armor. Why because anyone who tries to GM at anything will get killed and looted for the little things that they have. This make the game frustrating and redundant. Have fun killing noobs. But just remember that this game will never see the glory of the true UO.
PK's killing some newbie in Bone Armor is lame.

Aside from that, I disagree with everything you said.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

You played one month and you've determined all of this eh? Pretty impressive. It's also impressive that you couldn't find 1 GM smith considering there's hundreds on the shard. Did you post on forums, or ask in IRC channel? Times have changed and GM smiths don't sit at forges in game anymore, but they're readily available in IRC. As far as you getting pk'd for your bone armor, that's definitely frustrating, and I can appreciate that. The thing is.....we've all been there before though, and that's the cycle of UO life, just as it was on production shard. The experienced players kill the inexperienced, the inexperienced become experienced and kill the newer inexperienced players.......I don't know what shard you played on but on Atlantic when I played Pre T2A and T2A that's what it was. Shame you quit on the shard so quickly because quite a few of us are having a good time. Be safe.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

rogue78

Post by rogue78 »

Probably because your one of them, and the threat of being removed from a position of power makes you feel insecure.

Shane Dog

Post by Shane Dog »

Do not carry runebooks on you if you are a noob. You can use them from within the bank box. Only carry one rune on you to a bank to escape (not your house)

Click this link to learn more (many more noob topics on how not to die so easily) viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24961

I suggest you do some research while macroing up your char if you plan on staying. Also, until your skills are better I suggest you go out into the wilds to hunt. You will signifigantly reduce the amount of pks you come across when hunting out in the middle of no where.

Just remember to carry a marked rune to a bank on you, record a macro to use it, and hot key it.
"A wise man makes no mistakes; yet, mistakes make a man wise" ~ self quote 2001

rogue78

Post by rogue78 »

I played on Pacific. It's sad to see a game with so much potential, being degraded by I'm sure, just a few
people.

rogue78

Post by rogue78 »

That's a good quote!!

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

rogue78 wrote:Probably because your one of them, and the threat of being removed from a position of power makes you feel insecure.
You quitting will not remove him from a position of power and make him feel insecure. In fact, i'm sure he's feeling even more secure in his skin as a result. Now, if you stuck around and learned the ropes, found out how people do things around here, and got better at playing this version of the game...then maybe he'd consider you a threat. :wink:

Its okay. I hate logic, too.

P.S. You seemed to imply in your original post that Trammel would make things better. If so, off with your head!
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

jekkis
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by jekkis »

Maybe you should stick around for a while, meet some of the "good" people. A great place to start is UOSA's IRC channel - you'll find the whole spectrum of UOSA players there, so of course keep in mind certain things like not announcing there where you intend to hunt next etc., but as for help the channel is invaluable.

You can start by logging on now, sending me a message and I'll talk you through some issues you need help with - if they are something I can't help you with, I can probably point you to the right direction.

It's never a bad thing for this shard to grow, so I'm going to be the first one here to admit that personally I'd like to see more players here on UOSA. However, much like real life, this life also demands some resiliency. Either being very prepared and accepting that even so things can go wrong, or learning stuff the hard way.

Give it a few weeks, and you'll realize the world is a lot better place without Trammel.

satori

Post by satori »

The introduction of Trammel was a big reason alot of the people on this server quit playing UO back in the day and the same reason they choose to play on this server now.

Shane Dog

Post by Shane Dog »

rogue78 wrote:That's a good quote!!
Thanks. I was the only one in my whole senior class that did not copy some one else's quote (like authors and stuff) to use for their senior quote.

I created my own.

P.S. Join a guild if you are trying to solo it. It will make things alot funner. This is not a one player game. and should not be played like one.

In fact...try to join as many guilds as possible with as many new characters as possible and once you "feel" them out stick with the ones you like.
"A wise man makes no mistakes; yet, mistakes make a man wise" ~ self quote 2001

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Welcome to the internet and being killed in a game. *claps*

*side note*****his bone armor was not looted***only his runebook*
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

OP,

Do you have names? Might help for the anti-pk crowd (which is quite healthy here) take up your cause and maybe hand out some justice.

Pking is a deplorable business.

:cry:

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

Zeppelin
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zeppelin »

rogue78 wrote: But just remember that this game will never see the glory of the true UO.
Little late there buddy. I hope you do quit for insulting the people who have made this shard great.
Last edited by Zeppelin on Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kevin-theidocghost »

As i have played this shard 3 years im going to add something to this thread a little flavor if u will
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXVMpdLylt8

some music while i speak

1.If u cannot handle uo please talk about your frustration so we can all comfort you

2.IF you feel you have been treated unfairly in this game your wrong everyone went through what u went through differance is real uo players stick it out and find a way to get back

3.what is it you want done? what could we change to make your experiance better?
give out free gold? make your stuff unlootable?

4. there is hundreds of successfull people on this shard as i said before we all went through what your going through Trammel ruined uo and its because of people like you that it was implemented in the first place i hate to see new people go but if your gonna shit talk my shard bitch gtfo

thank you for your time have a nice day :D
Timelord wrote:Every single person in the game is out to kill you, loot you and take everything you own at any time.
http://www.twitch.tv/imr4350/