Grey Ghost Auction (In Game). Sunday July 24th at 9:30pm EST

Buying/Selling Everything Else

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Grey Ghost Auction (In Game). Sunday July 24th at 9:30pm EST

Post by Ronk »

Are you tired of bidding on long drawn out auctions that never seem to close? Are you tired of having mysterious 'private bidders' buy items you have bid on? Well you are in luck. Sunday, July 24th, at 9:30pm EST will be the first Grey Ghost In Game Auction! Feel free to stop by the auction house during the night of the auction to throw in your bids, help maintain the peace, or just watch the show.

The auction tower will be set up with a raffle vendor on the first floor. Each book on the vendor will be sold for 5k and will have a number. At the end of the auction, two numbers will be called and each person holding the winning ticket will get 40% of the raffle fee's as a prize. The more people who play, the larger the prize.

In addition, WiseOne will be set up selling bandages! Buy in any quantity you want. He will personally be selling the bandages and negotiating all trades.

Lastly, the top floor has a donation box if you wish to donate money or items. All donations will be used for future auctions and events but no donations are necessary. Just deposit your donations in the box behind the counter (it lets you drop stuff in but not take it out).

This thread is broken into several parts:
- Rules of the Auction
- How the Auction will work
- How to sell something in my auction.
- Request for volunteers
- List of Items to be sold (continually updated)

Rules of the Auction:
1. You must buy any items you win. Bidding with no intention of buying or without the means to purchase a won item will result in your removal from this event and ALL future events hosted by me. Items which are able to go on a vendor will be sold via the vendor immediately after the winning bid. Some exceptions may be made in special cases.

2. When an item is up for bidding, all patrons must be silent unless they are casting a bid. You are free to talk between item sales. If you wish to bid, it is suggested that you yell to be heard (! and a space in game). Silence includes casting spells, grinding potions, etc.

3. When an item is sold, please clear the walk way (marked in green cloth) so that the purchaser can easily make their way to the buyers box. It is suggested that everyone bring food or red potions to help with pushing past the crowds.

4. No aggressive actions unless you are in self defense. Aggressors will promptly be banned, watch your macros. In addition, it goes without saying that any form of attempting to disrupt the event will result in a ban and possibly death.

5. No hiding. Please do not hide or stealth inside the event area. This is both out of concern for patron safety in addition to ensuring that patrons do not have to navigate a maze of invisible people.

6. No Pets/Mounts. You will not be let into the auction tower with animals of any kind.

7. No explosion potions. All guests will be subject to search. While weapons and gear are allowed, we ask that you leave all purple potions at home due to the collateral damage they cause.

How the Auction will work:
The auction will take place on the roof of a tower where a special bar will be set up to block off the auction stage (and prevent items from being stolen). Items will be placed on a table in the middle and the item name, description, and starting bid will be read. Note: I will be the sole owner of the tower with no co-owners.

Patrons may begin casting out bids, where in the first to speak (per my journal) gets first priority of the bid. Each item will continue to be auctioned until all bids die down. Going once, going twice, and the item gets sold. The item is then transferred to the auction vendor and the purchaser is allowed into a small area to protect him from thieves where he may purchase the item and recall out to bank or stash it.

(Note: In cases where the item is not on display or can not go on a vendor, such as a house, the buyer is expected to get in touch with the seller within 24 hours to complete the transaction. In the event of items that can be sold a few at a time, the buyer can purchase stacks one after another until all are purchased. The table marked with the gold coin can only be reached by a person in the buyers box.)

The auction will continue in this way until all items are auctioned. After the auction and in a secure environment, I will begin transfer the money to the sellers. No fee will be taken and you will get 100% of the sale value, though, of course, donations are welcome.

How to Sell an item in my Auction:
FYI: You do not have to attend the auction to sell items, in fact, you wouldn't be selling them. I do the selling, you get the money.

So, you wish to have an item auctioned? Valid items include just about anything in game. Houses, items, contracts, rares, etc. If you have items you wish to be auctioned you should PM me with the following information:

Item Name
Brief Description
Starting Bid
Any special considerations (if its a noob item and will decay even in a house, etc)

Note, all items being sold will be anonymous, though people may be able to guess or determine from the forums who a seller is. If you wish to be named, note that as well.

In addition, you should put the item and a book in a bag and meet me in game to transfer the bundle to me. The book should contain the same information as listed above so that, come auction night, I can read the details on the fly.

All items should be submitted and ready before Sunday, July 24. Some items MAY be accepted on July 24th prior to the auction, but there are no guarantees. Items will not appear on the buy list below until they are submitted so submitting them sooner can generate more interest!

Request for Volunteers:
For this event I am seeking a number of volunteers who can aid in a number of tasks. All volunteers will probably be allowed to be mounted. I will probably have a uniform of some sort and volunteer names will be posted.

1. Guard Duty. These volunteers will patrol the tower inside and out and remove any disruptions. Violators will be banned from the tower and possibly slain. Guests should be healed when possible to keep them alive. Summons dispelled. Etc.

2. Moongaters. These volunteers will aid by gating interested guests from towns to the event tower on the night of the event. If there are enough, one can be stationed at the tower to gate people home and assist in any traveling needs.

3. Town Cryers. Though not an actual volunteer job, I ask that everyone spread word of the auction so we can get a good turn out.

If you are interested in helping out as a Guard or a Moongater, please PM me.

List of Items to be sold:
  • Blessed 4th of July Red exceptional tunic (no makers mark) - 1 million
  • Magic high end weapons (1gp starting bid on some!)
  • Resource bundles (arrows, bolts, bottles, fish, etc. Low starting bids on many)
  • Semi-Rares (Not finalized)
Note: Not all specific items will appear in this list, just general guide lines. If you are a seller and you want your item to appear on this list just request it and I will add it. Items listed as not-finalized means the seller has expressed interest in selling them but has not actually gotten me all of the details and finalized the sale plans.
Attachments
auction.jpg
Last edited by Ronk on Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Grey Ghost Auction (In Game). Sunday July 24th at 9:30pm

Post by Ronk »

Updated item list. Added the fourth of july red tunic!
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

Looks like a great setup! Unforunately I wont be on this sunday, but I am gathering items for you to put up for bidding!

BUMP!

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

nm.. didnt see the tunic. lol
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Boondock_Saint wrote:nm.. didnt see the tunic. lol
Lol, yeah, give it some time. There were quite a few people with items they wanted to put it, I just don't want to list all of them until I get confirmation. I would expect to see the list grow in the next day or so.

Also, I updated the list notes. Not all items will appear in the list, some will be surprise items that go up for auction. If a seller wishes their item to be not be listed and remain a 'surprise', they may request that.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Updated to make it clear that a seller doesn't have to actually be at the auction. If you can't make the time your items can still be sold.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Bump
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Still looking for more sellers to finalize their sales!
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Dolos

Post by Dolos »

Great idea Ronk. I expect to attend.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

This will be great success!!

♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

WiseOne wrote:This will be great success!!

Hopefully :-)
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Hahaha.. Wiseone, that mad me laugh so hard..
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

More ingots being added. Possibly the ranger armor as well but thats to be determined.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Just to be clear since there seems to be a lot of confusion. Individual sells are not actually auctioning their items off. Items are being given to me and I will be the only one auctioning items. Thus, a seller does not have to be present to have their item sold.

And as I said in the original post, I am doing this for free (this time). Future auctions MAY have a commission, we'll see.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I would like to add this to the auction.

Also Ronk, PM me in IRC when you get a chance.