Casting a Spell as a skill?

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Malcoda

Casting a Spell as a skill?

Post by Malcoda »

When i cast a spell and then immediately try to use a skill (hiding, provocation, etc.) I get the message "You must wait a few moments before using another skill" Has this always been like this? I did not think that casting a spell counted as using a skill the same way hitting something with swordsmanship does not count as using one. Bug or Not? Is it supposed to be this way?
"For the providence that gave them the fifth pit to govern as the ministers of its will, takes from their souls the power of leaving it"

Red

Re: Casting a Spell as a skill?

Post by Red »

Are you hiding just after cast, or just after you target a spell?
If you're trying to hide after you target a spell, it could be the recast delay getting in the way.
Try casting a spell, holding it for a few seconds, and then target/hide.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yeah, this is correct behavior, you can't use direct skills with an active target.

The message is actually supposed to be "you're too busy doing something else right now" I'll get that changed.

Malcoda

Post by Malcoda »

No, it doesn't have an active target cursor up. I cast the spell, target what i want and then attempt to use Provocation and it tells me i must wait to use another skill. It happened while i was trying to provoke immediately after i summoned a creature, and also after i cast invisibility on myself.
"For the providence that gave them the fifth pit to govern as the ministers of its will, takes from their souls the power of leaving it"

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'm not getting the message in this case. Tele-Hide is a good example of casting a spell and then targeting and immediately using a skill, and I'm able to do this pretty reliably.