Looting containers through floors?

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Dreadcor

Looting containers through floors?

Post by Dreadcor »

I have a tower, and keep all my loot in the little room on the first floor. I keep the door to that room locked, and do the whole detect hidden thing every time I go into this room. The rest of the tower is unlocked, so anybody can come right in and explore all the other rooms. I keep the loot in the 1st floor room in a row of stacked crates, stacked 6 high. A couple days ago I logged in to do some macroing from within my locked loot room, never leaving the room, not even opening the locked door. My macroing used some of my regs that I had in one of my crates, and all my regs were right where they should have been. Since then I have not logged on until earlier today. I went to load up on regs before going out when I discovered that the top 2 crates of each stack had been looted dry, including all my regs. Seeing as how the locked door had not been opened on the day I had been macroing, and that I still had my regs and everything else that had been in the top 2 crates of each stack when I was macroing, I am left to wonder how these crates could have been looted from the time I stopped macroing and when I logged in earlier today. And why only the top 2 crates of each stack? The only thing I can think of is that someone who was snooping around my tower found a way to loot containers that had been stacked high through the 2nd level floor. I also found someone named Natty Bo stealthing around, and apparently Natty Bo is a member of cA, which makes a hobby of looting houses. Has anyone had anything similar to this happen to them?

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Looting containers through floors?

Post by BlackFoot »

This was a bug introduced with the line of sight changes, it has been fixed
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Dreadcor

Post by Dreadcor »

Was this bug fixed in just the past several days? She was casting telekinesis over and over. I am assuming that is how she was able to see what was in the crates. When I try it on my crates, I can see what is in them, but when I try to take something I get a message telling me that it is too far away. Natty Bo has stealing skill, so I tried to use stealing skill on the items in the crate, but it tells me that I have to be standing next to it to steal. I just want to be sure that whatever method she used to loot my tower will no longer work before I start using these crates again. Although I have blocked off access to the stairs.

Thanks for the reply.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23636

take a read through that, the discussion may help
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Really sorry about this incident. Yes we did have an issue after the LOS changes, which does allow you to see through some floors depending on the specific difference in height. We put in an fix for this immediately upon discovery and this should no longer be possible via lifting, stealing, or using.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."