Teleport

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Dashiva

Teleport

Post by Dashiva »

I briefly scanned through the other bug reports and didn't see anything about it so far.

Anyway if it hasn't been mentioned there seems to be somthing quite wrong with teleport.
I knew about it, but it didn't effect me till a buddy and I tried to go to the cyclops valley yesterday, but couldn't teleport over the thin rock wall, it always said "target cannot be seen" or somthing of that nature. As soon as T2A came out, me and him would go there all the time without a boat, rel por over that little mountain and away we go.

It seems the problem stems from not being able to teleport onto somthing higher or lower than you on the z axis. A little testing, and I wasn't even able to rel por up to ledges in the lost lands (a technique I used frequently to 'shortcut' that goddamn maze of a zone).

There are hundreds of little "island mountains" in the lost lands which have spawns of forest ostards, etc on them with no ramp. I would always rel por up to tame things.

Just writing things as they come to memory... I guess this could also be the reason I can't open the WBB door and teleport up to the roof...
Korlan (Dexxer) | Dashiva (Tamer)
Dashiva from Napa Valley

Badea

Re: Teleport

Post by Badea »

Or maybe you're using circle of transparency? Turn it off and see if it works then.

I am absolutely certain, that you can right now, teleport above Z axis in this current system.

Dashiva

Post by Dashiva »

I do have a CoT hotkey, however it doesn't hide terrain such as mountains. I distinctly remember teleporting over those mountains, and up onto ledges. I tried for 20 minutes around different places, and no I wasn't teleporting onto a tree the whole time with CoT on.

I was able to turn on CoT and teleport under Papua bank, so I know it's working mostly correct.

In addition, my friend was trying as well. It could be a client issue maybe? I really couldn't say, but there's no way that you could not ever teleport up to ledges, it was a primary means of escape/training/tactics on avengers and other nasties.

At work at the moment, but i'll try to get a screenshot when I get home.
Dashiva from Napa Valley

Badea

Post by Badea »

I only mentioned CoT because it was preventing me from teleporting to an old favorite spot. I tried many times and was beginning to think that it had been considered a bug and taken out, then it occurred to me that I had CoT on...turned it off and it worked like a charm. The place I was trying to teleport to was still visible with CoT on...just couldn't get there.

Dashiva

Post by Dashiva »

Do you recall if you were getting an error like Target cannot be seen?
Dashiva from Napa Valley

Badea

Post by Badea »

I believe the error message I was getting was "That location is blocked" (though there was nothing there to block it).

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Most of the issues with targetting have to do with the way that RunUO handles line of sight. It is drastically different from the way that actual UO handled it, and would take a great deal of work to get the effect of each system to be similar. For now, all that I can say is that some spots may not work properly, and you may find that other spots are available to you that were previously not available. This may be something that we try to work on in the future, but for now it's not our biggest concern.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Dashiva

Post by Dashiva »

If there is an updated version of RunUO available, does T2A patch the server? Or do we always stick with the current server version?
Reason being, if it's an issue with the RunUO server, I may take the issue up / research on their forum.
Dashiva from Napa Valley

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

I cant get into teh cyclops valley but to get on the ledges and crap for ostards sometimes you have to back up a little more.

You get the "target cant be seen" message a lot until you find the right spot.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The Line Of Sight on second age has been loosened somewhat from what it was, but it is difficult to replicate what was visible and not visible on OSI, however players seem to have been able to find their way to most places.

Dashiva

Post by Dashiva »

LudKrud wrote:I cant get into teh cyclops valley but to get on the ledges and crap for ostards sometimes you have to back up a little more.

You get the "target cant be seen" message a lot until you find the right spot.
That's really it though, I could have a failing memory but I remember always being able to teleport to the first square along any ledge from up to the maximum distance of the teleport, but never ever deeper than the first square along the ledge.

Things like brit bank roof was tricky since it physically has a (short) static wall circling it breaking line of sight, but you still could if you backed up to the trees.

I just don't ever remember having to find 'the right spot' unless it was a special case like bank roofs, or the Lich Lord room, things like that.

It just seems like a huge thing to me since it was a large part of my playstyle, but I can see how most people wouldn't care. I suppose if it's a problem with the core of the server it's not somthing we can really help.
Derrick wrote:The Line Of Sight on second age has been loosened somewhat from what it was, but it is difficult to replicate what was visible and not visible on OSI, however players seem to have been able to find their way to most places.
To me it feels quite the opposite (looser than OSI's teleport). I have a feeling it's just somthing to do with what's considered in line of sight though and not so much the teleport spell.
Dashiva from Napa Valley

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Dashiva wrote:To me it feels quite the opposite (looser than OSI's teleport). I have a feeling it's just somthing to do with what's considered in line of sight though and not so much the teleport spell.
Aye. I mean looser than the RunUO default. It's certainly more restrictive, and different that OSI.

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”