RELEASE the Krakens!!!

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: RELEASE the Krakens!!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

They also spawned special colored deaemons as minions for minax....that doesn't mean it's a real spawn.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Barid

Post by Barid »

Effectively you both have said that we ultimately just aren't sure if the spawned or not, which is what I've been saying for a while now. :P

So back to like I said, spawned or not (we can't know either way for certain... We simple CAN'T at this point in time), it WAS a creature made in T2A so it existed in one form or another no matter how you look at it.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

It wasn't a normal spawn until you cast a net into the ocean and pulled it up. Nets weren't introduced until UO:R.

I mean, if Yoda wants to spawn krakens as a event monster once a month...that's up to him. You are asking for something that wasn't a normal spawn to be normally spawned.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks much for identifying the hue!
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

uor kraken?

more modern kraken?

t2a kraken, blue corpser.

Barid

Post by Barid »

Your image got blocked for hotlinking, Dagon.. :P I'll help ya out.

Actually Dagon, the UO:R kraken you posted, that's the Kingdom Reborn kraken, the newest version. Another way to tell this is the filename itself, kr at the end for Kingdom Reborn. The UO:R one was still a blue corpser, it turned into the squid thing in Third Dawn. Technically the squid thing is most accurate to what a kraken is but I still didn't like it.. :/

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

Just out of curiosity, why do people want krakens so badly? I'm not being sarcastic or flippant, I'm genuinely curious.

The first time I saw krakens was on IPY, so I'm skeptical that they existed in era.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I never saw a Kraken in t2a. Never saw them til much later. I agree with them being in manual but not in game. Much like horses on the mainland.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger