House Bug

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Murugan

House Bug

Post by Murugan »

Is it a bug that EQ kills people on the second floor of a house? I never remember running a risk of being killed while off the ground. I think it’s a little ridiculous that people just causing problems can do so when your 2 floors up. I busted my hump getting a 2 story to build my characters safely, and it seems I can't!
Pookey - Your Local Grim Reaper,
Hemperor wrote:it pains me to say that murugan is right

johttenn

Re: House Bug

Post by johttenn »

block your windows, ms probably got you through them.

alatar

Post by alatar »

johttenn wrote:block your windows, ms probably got you through them.
lol
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

johttenn

Post by johttenn »

:)

alatar

Post by alatar »

windows have nothing to do with targeting AoE spells..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

johttenn

Post by johttenn »

i know, was making a bad pun...i'm a linux user :)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

EQ does have a huge range, but it's also a spell that takes a % of your hitpoints. it's pretty hard to time it right to kill someone.

Murugan

Post by Murugan »

Not when your AFK . . . . Point is, WHY does EQ work on the second floor? Thats rediculous!

Windows are not an option because in a small house, Fireball gets through, but on a two story it should be out of range. Rememebr people travel in groups of 2 or 3 and can have 3 accounts . . . When I died, I had 3 people to count as a murderer . . .so its not hard for 2 or 3 peopel to mana dump EQ and kill the entire house . . which is what MUST have happened. 1st floor OK 2nd floor not ok . . is this going to be fixed or no?

XaN

Post by XaN »

Towers are safe right?
NO! nooooOO! ....Hot, hot!

johttenn

Post by johttenn »

Casltes and Keeps are, I'd think Towers, but I'm not sure.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

EQ and other area of effect spells do not check for height differences, only distance from caster on a plane. I've not had reports previously of people being being killed by Earthquake at all, it's a spell that takes a percentage of your health, i.e., if you have 2 hps's and are EQ'd, it'll take you down to one, if you have one hp, it might take you to 0, but if you've got 0, you're not dead until you take damage.

I guess you may be at risk if you're macroing combat skills, but if you've got a macro running to heal yourself this shouldn't be an issue at all.

Dashiva

Post by Dashiva »

Yes, I was under the impression that it was impossible to kill people with EQ?

Maybe they used CL on the wall or somthing. I seem to remember hitting people through the wall by casting Chain Lightning on the wall or on my friend next to it, and killing people inside.
Korlan (Dexxer) | Dashiva (Tamer)
Dashiva from Napa Valley

Murugan

Post by Murugan »

Well its just good to know. If EQ does not check height plane, then thats fine. Also, will putting objects in front of the "windows" such as bookshelves solve the problem of chain lightning and other spells?

Badea

Post by Badea »

Windows don't affect "AoE" spells. But standing in the right place in your house will usually protect you. If I recall correctly, a safe spot in a two story was in the hallway on the second floor. Not up against the wall and not in one of your rooms...they are too close to an outside wall.

But with that said, there will always be some innovative player that can figure someway to kill you if you're AFK. Try putting a "if" command in your macro to heal you if you get damaged. Just in case.

Purge

Post by Purge »

sell that 2 story annd get a large brick and stand in the middle...