Game gave me a free windfall

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
grepler

Game gave me a free windfall

Post by grepler »

Im sure some people will wonder why Im reporting this but I can be anal sometimes ;-)

Just now I loged in at the Encyclopedia Magika in Moonglow a minute or 2 after server reset. I was inside this building for about 30 minutes before the reset (not sure if thats pertinent ) casting fireball and meditating. When I loged back in I had 886 Sulfurous Ash in my bag. While this in itself isnt that big a deal I thought Id mention it in case it gave you a clue to a known bug your trying to track down.

Populus

Re: Game gave me a free windfall

Post by Populus »

Half an hour before server reset, the server saves. Everything you do after this save will not be saved. It even says so in the global message at the server save. So the ash you had in your backpack when world saved, you will have after server reset. :)
ImageImageImage
[cA]

grepler

Post by grepler »

The reason I mentioned this is I never bought any ash, didnt have any on me when I got there.

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

Do you have scavenger on for that? If so I'm guessing someone bought more ash then they could hold, it dropped to the ground, and you got it.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

applejack wrote:Do you have scavenger on for that? If so I'm guessing someone bought more ash then they could hold, it dropped to the ground, and you got it.
I concur with this analysis.

This used to be pretty common in the very popular northeast mage shop in Moonglow, players were dropping regs contantly by buying more than they could carry.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."