Weekly pet battles!! Every Monday, 9pm EST

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Weekly pet battles!! Every Monday, 9pm EST

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I really enjoy the pet fights, particularly the aspect of training them to do battle! I think that these types of events bring more to the table than the typical OMG-LEET-PVP style events and generic "who can craft the most crap" events.

The most recent $$$ chicken fight was a blast, though extremely bias and poorly regulated. It's almost like they wanted me to lose? :shock: ? The door was not locked, a task that would be simple to complete, to prevent newbie characters from disrupting the event.

I find it pretty unfair for the few players that payed an entry fee, only to have their trained pet die, and still be locked into entering with a non-trained pet. Especially after (possibly) spending all that time training them.

And so,

I will host a weekly pet-battle.

This will be a weekly event where competitors can battle their pets, trained or untrained, to determine a victor! I will make sure that this is done in a secure environment, and facilitate the game in the fairest manner possible.

The entry fee will be 1 small house deed, the winner will take 80% of the pot, second place will be awarded the remaining 20% or a small deed, whichever is largest. There must be at least 5 competitors for there to be a second place. If there are fewer than 5, only first place will be awarded.

Some of the competitons will be animals that everyone can tame, others will be animals that may require a fair amount of taming. This will change on a weekly basis.

I highly encourage everyone to train multiple pets for this event, on the rare chance that something goes wrong and a pet dies. I will not be held responsible for pet-death. I will refund your entry fee if your pet dies during a battle and it was apparent that it was going to win the match. If your pet was losing when it dies, it will only be considered a loss. This will be judged based on screen shot evidence, if the result is impartial, or it is clear the dead pet had a fighting chance, you will get your entry fee back.

I suspect there will be minimal pet-deaths not related to the battle. Anyone caught griefing the event (killing pets for instance) will be permanently banned from all future events.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first weekly event will be held on Monday, July 12th, at 9pm est. I will collect entry fee's at least 30 minutes prior to the event. This weeks creature will be...

MONGBATS/STRONGBATS
ImageImageImageImageImage
UOSTRATICS wrote: I wonder what it feels like to be the weakest monster in existance? I have seen these guys attack rabbits and die, not a wonderful existance. There are, however, two types of Mongbats. One kind is very weak and can often be killed in one hit. The other kind is exactly like the first, but can take much more damage (usually 3 or 4 hits) before dying, whoopie doo.
Required Taming
Mongbat (Weak) 25.1
Mongbat (Strong) 70.1

Mongbats exist throughout all of brittania in both strong and weak forms. It is relatively easy to find these creatures!

Rules:

You may bring either a stong-mongbat, or weak-mongbat. No Imps allowed!
You can train your pet in any manner you like, or not train them at all.
You may not cast any spell while attending the event, not even to heal your pet.
If you display any word of power, there is a possibility you might be banned.
Only 2 pets may be entered per person for this event (entry fee is applicable for both)
Last edited by MatronDeWinter on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Downs

Re: Weekly pet battles!! Every Monday, 9pm EST

Post by Downs »

I can possibly arrange for a nearly grief free arena for these battles.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

Great Idea!

Unfortunately we host our events at the $$$ tower (high profile and global messages bring in loads of griefers) unfortunately We can not lock the front doors of the tower without making it private, and since we have vendors linked to the house this is not possible :<

Good luck with the events!
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Wise wrote:Great Idea!

Unfortunately we host our events at the $$$ tower (high profile and global messages bring in loads of griefers) unfortunately We can not lock the front doors of the tower without making it private, and since we have vendors linked to the house this is not possible :<

Good luck with the events!

You could have put stoves in front of the door.

I admit, I had not considered the vendors still being linked to the tower.

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

MatronDeWinter wrote:

You could have put stoves in front of the door.
what now? how does this work?
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

block the LOS into the tower with stoves, so little newbie characters cant toss a potion deep into the first floor blowing up the chickens.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

i think an imp competition would be awesome, a trained imp would take some serious dedication given you can get it to 4xGM.

the time you picked (mon 9pm est) is rather unfortunate, that is tue 1pm for me in new zealand, tues 11am in australia.. you get the gist. don't you think weekends would be better?
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Downs

Post by Downs »

weekend would get a better turnout likely...
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Even with a tower, couldn't you just Earthquake the pets to death?

Downs

Post by Downs »

Keep/Castle rooftop ftw

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

If anyone is interested in this please let me know so I can plan accordingly.

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

I was going to do this with mounts.

MY EVENT > YOURS
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

Chim

Post by Chim »

T2A needs more gambling and I think this is a good start.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

how did this go
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

BlackFoot wrote:how did this go
Sadly I had something come up IRL last night! :x

What would be a time good for a majority of people?