EV/BS Guardwhack

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

EV/BS Guardwhack

Post by Karik Verlee »

When using EV/BS out of guards not just a few screens but in hyloth and then a blue comes in and jumps on your EV you recall to your safe zone in guards. Upon doing this you're grey and then the blue griefer jumps on the EV again and you get guardwhacked. Isn't there a line of sight check for this?
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

Derrick

Re: EV/BS Guardwhack

Post by Derrick »

Karik Verlee wrote:When using EV/BS out of guards not just a few screens but in hyloth and then a blue comes in and jumps on your EV you recall to your safe zone in guards. Upon doing this you're grey and then the blue griefer jumps on the EV again and you get guardwhacked. Isn't there a line of sight check for this?
Damage that happens outside a guardzone cannot notify the guards. Are you sure it was your EV in hyth that caused this?
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

Im completely positive. Its happened to me many times before but this time it just pissed me off. Ill recreate it again.

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

Just logged onto two new toons. One cast EV outside my keep then recalled into town. The 2nd toon reveals himself and is attacked by the EV. I switch back to the caster and he has already been guard whacked.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Can this maybe be verified by the demo? I know it seems illogical, but I seem to recall it working this way at some point or another. Seems like I once had an encounter where a tinker-made box set off outside of town got me guardwhacked in delucia (on osi I mean).

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Can this maybe be verified by the demo? I know it seems illogical, but I seem to recall it working this way at some point or another. Seems like I once had an encounter where a tinker-made box set off outside of town got me guardwhacked in delucia (on osi I mean).
I think thats how it works now with tinker traps; I had a trap go off in Vesper and I was gwhacked in Britain. You get the whole "You are attacking <NAME>" message too.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

Ive never got the "You are attacking" message with mine.

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

Any word on this one Derrick?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Karik Verlee wrote:Any word on this one Derrick?
It's on the list of things to look into, it doesn't seem to me like this should happen in terms of accuracy, but I can't swear to that. Would like to know for sure.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Agree with Matron - IMO it should be able to trigger the guards. Usually any criminal action - something that restarts your criminal timer - will get you guard whacked while in town (provided guards are called).

You are performing a criminal action, whether or not you are actually at the position of the crime. A criminal action while you are in town, should get you whacked. Not totally sure it's accurate but I'll bet my bottom dollar it is. It's the equivalent of standing in town and attacking another person who is outside of the boundary.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

nightshark wrote:It's the equivalent of standing in town and attacking another person who is outside of the boundary.
That makes sense to me.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Derrick wrote:
Karik Verlee wrote:When using EV/BS out of guards not just a few screens but in hyloth and then a blue comes in and jumps on your EV you recall to your safe zone in guards. Upon doing this you're grey and then the blue griefer jumps on the EV again and you get guardwhacked. Isn't there a line of sight check for this?
Damage that happens outside a guardzone cannot notify the guards. Are you sure it was your EV in hyth that caused this?
This happened to me too Derrick.

It's definitely possible.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I think this needs to be verified: When you "become a criminal" in town, should that be guard whackable or not?

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

My thought on it is you should become gray and guardwhackable but NPCs shouldn't call guards. NPCs call guards when they see a Murderer, or a criminal action. In this case they haven't seen the action so shouldn't call guards.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Karik Verlee wrote:My thought on it is you should become gray and guardwhackable but NPCs shouldn't call guards. NPCs call guards when they see a Murderer, or a criminal action. In this case they haven't seen the action so shouldn't call guards.
That is how I understand it to have worked.