Remove Trap Bug?

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Serpent

Remove Trap Bug?

Post by Serpent »

I'm having trouble gaining points in this skill. It seems you have no chance to gain skill on failures. Most skills you still gain even though you fail (at least at lower levels anyhow).

Is this intentional or a bug?

Derrick

Re: Remove Trap Bug?

Post by Derrick »

Serpent wrote:I'm having trouble gaining points in this skill. It seems you have no chance to gain skill on failures. Most skills you still gain even though you fail (at least at lower levels anyhow).

Is this intentional or a bug?
You can gain on failures only is you have a chance of success. I'm betting the chest you are working with is too difficult to attempt to disarm

Serpent

Post by Serpent »

Ahh. I'm not too familiar with this skill. I figured it'd have a message like lockpicking stating its too difficult to attempt or something.

Thanks for the help.

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

Yeah you can attempt a GM trapped box and just fail.

I dont agree with that.....if you are a clumsy oaf trying to remove a GM trap you should get blown up/poisoned......

Why would you even get the message that you failed but didnt set the trap off when there is no chance of setting it off......

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Depending on the skill, and the time frame, the skill may or may not have been considered difficulty based with regard to skill gains. For example, skills like Stealing remained non difficulty based well into UOR, Provoking was made difficulty based in late UOR, and skills such as fishing and poisoning were made difficulty based during T2A. Our best information about non-combat skills (which were known to be difficulty based from the get go), is to look at the patch notes.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

if you have jsut bought the skill up to 30ish i recomend level one dungeon chests in deciet and despise, will get gains
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]