locked doors

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
venox

locked doors

Post by venox »

i noticed on my tower for the double doors on the entrance. that one door is locked, while the other remains open?!
i would have thought locking a door would lock both sides?

johttenn

Re: locked doors

Post by johttenn »

Nope, double doors unlock and lock independently of each other...if one is locked and you click on the unlocked one, both open, but if you click on the locked on you get the message that the doors are locked.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Actually the way they worked was a little different. On OSI both doors did indeed lock independently of eachother, but the way they worked when opened was a bit different. On OSI, if you locked, say, the left hand door on your house, if you ever opened the right hand door from the outside - which was still unlocked - it would only open the unlocked door. This would effectively provide you a 1-door house when opening it from the outside. When opening it from the inside, if you opened the unlocked door, it would again only open the one door, however if you opened the locked side, you would open both doors.

Beyond that, houses during T2A could also have their internal doors locked as well
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks Kavian. That's interesting on the doors. I'll make sure what we have here is working that way.

All interior doors on Second Age are lockable. You need to re-key the house to enable this.

Ptazaract

Post by Ptazaract »

I had this same observation on Divinity. I was told that the mechanics of using RunUO prevented the doors from operating properly. Also, all doors that open to the east lock from the west side. So you can lock someone into the room in your tower but you can't keep them out...

I can't afford a house here yet nevermind a tower. But I thought I'd throw that analysis out there as a Challenge for Derrick.

-Ptaz

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Ptazaract wrote:I had this same observation on Divinity. I was told that the mechanics of using RunUO prevented the doors from operating properly. Also, all doors that open to the east lock from the west side. So you can lock someone into the room in your tower but you can't keep them out...

I can't afford a house here yet nevermind a tower. But I thought I'd throw that analysis out there as a Challenge for Derrick.

-Ptaz
There's nothing about the mechanics of the game that prevent tower doors from working properly. The tower doors do work properly here.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Derrick wrote:
Ptazaract wrote:I was told that the mechanics of using RunUO prevented the doors from operating properly. Also, all doors that open to the east lock from the west side. So you can lock someone into the room in your tower but you can't keep them out...
There's nothing about the mechanics of the game that prevent tower doors from working properly. The tower doors do work properly here.