Losing Synch when picking up logs

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Theograd

Losing Synch when picking up logs

Post by Theograd »

REPORTED ISSUE: I seem to be losing synch with the map only when I pick up logs from the ground.

ISSUE DETAILS: While chopping wood in Yew, I have Razor set to drop resources to my feet. After chopping a few trees, I go and pick them all up before making them into boards. Starting two or three days ago, picking up the logs from the ground caused me to stutter walk and skip. All other interaction with the world works fine. Resynching the client via razor only works for a few steps. Closing UO and Razor and restarting seems to fix it.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: Yew Town, no specific area.

STEPS TO RECREATE: Chop some trees, and have the logs auto stack at your feet. Do this for 4-5 trees. Then, walk back and pick them up. After the first pile or two, you should start to stutter. Character seems to be stuck in midstep while idle. I also tried picking it up via the scavenger agent, but had the same results. If it matters, I chop the East side of trees when I chop.

EXPECTED RESULTS: I see no reason why I shouldn't be playing as normal after picking up logs.

DATE REPORTED: 4/10/2010

DATE STATUS CHANGED: 4/11/2010
Last edited by Theograd on Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Losing Synch when picking up logs

Post by Rammar »

I tried to replicate on 20 or so trees and had no issues.

Are you using a razor macro to lumberjack and/or pick up the wood? Any walking recorded into razor causes me to de-sync and requires restarting razor to properly fix.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

you can add a resync to your movement macro, but after a while of doing this it makes the client act all funny.

Theograd

Post by Theograd »

You're right. It was the walking in the macro I'd run previous to picking up the logs. Thanks a lot.