Guards whacking incorrectly

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Guards whacking incorrectly

Post by nightshark »

Just recalled back to minoc after I was fighting some guy in Covetous.

I ended up recalling as he brought his buddy in.

He found me, in town, and cast poison on me. I got guard whacked for it. You shouldn't get guard whacked unless you actually double click attack. I imagine this is a side effect of the way attack last spam works here. Guards would never whack you for *being attacked*, though.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Guards whacking incorrectly

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Did you have an EV/Blade at the dungeon.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

No.

He came back and cast poison on me, thus giving me the "xxxxxxxx is attacking you!" message. He was blue to me.

I was instantly guard whacked.

It shouldn't work like that.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Arkah

Post by Arkah »

perhaps you werent safe from gettign guards called on you from the pervious encounter before you recalled into town? And as poison was cast on you perhaps an NPC called the guards while you were still in the whacking time frame?
---
The above is my own opinion
Below is someone elses, or the next chapter

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

nightshark wrote:No.

He came back and cast poison on me, thus giving me the "xxxxxxxx is attacking you!" message. He was blue to me.

I was instantly guard whacked.

It shouldn't work like that.
it sounds like you f'ed up

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I don't know how simple I can make this for you guys.

I was standing about 5 tiles away from him.

I had attacked him roughly 60 seconds earlier in a dungeon. He was blue to me.

He came back to town, I was still grey.

He cast poison on me, and I died.

I should not have been guard whacked as I did not fight back.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Lol I read dudes name as "NightHawk"
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

nightshark wrote:I don't know how simple I can make this for you guys.

I was standing about 5 tiles away from him.

I had attacked him roughly 60 seconds earlier in a dungeon. He was blue to me.

He came back to town, I was still grey.

He cast poison on me, and I died.

I should not have been guard whacked as I did not fight back.
If you attacked him first in the dungeon, you have a 2 minute criminal flag timer, regardless of where you recall to. When he casted poison on you, it triggered you to auto attack him. Since you're grey auto-attacking a blue in town, you got gwhacked.

For future reference, never recall to town as a grey, especially if you've attempted to PK someone.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

GomerPyle

Post by GomerPyle »

hiicha wrote:When he casted poison on you, it triggered you to auto attack him.
teh fk?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

hiicha wrote:If you attacked him first in the dungeon, you have a 2 minute criminal flag timer, regardless of where you recall to. When he casted poison on you, it triggered you to auto attack him. Since you're grey auto-attacking a blue in town, you got gwhacked.
Yes, I'm fully aware of what happened. My point is that GUARDS NEVER FUNCTIONED LIKE THAT.

The message was that *xxxx is attacking you!*, not *You are attacking xxxx!*.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

nightshark is very correct about this. The scenario that he was in should not have gotten him guard whacked. At the very worst, he should have been eligible for a murder count if he had auto-defended against his last combatant (auto defending is not the same thing as actively attacking a person). Derrick will have to look in to this when he has a chance.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Kaivan wrote:nightshark is very correct about this. The scenario that he was in should not have gotten him guard whacked. At the very worst, he should have been eligible for a murder count if he had auto-defended against his last combatant (auto defending is not the same thing as actively attacking a person). Derrick will have to look in to this when he has a chance.
Thank you! Someone actually reads the post without making assumptions!

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

nightshark wrote:
Kaivan wrote:nightshark is very correct about this. The scenario that he was in should not have gotten him guard whacked. At the very worst, he should have been eligible for a murder count if he had auto-defended against his last combatant (auto defending is not the same thing as actively attacking a person). Derrick will have to look in to this when he has a chance.
I did read your post, which is why I explained exactly why you were guard whacked. Whether its era accurate or not, thats a different discussion.

Either way, you deserved it for trying to PK and recalling into a guard zone, of all places. Fail pk is fail.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

hiicha wrote:
nightshark wrote:
I did read your post, which is why I explained exactly why you were guard whacked. Whether its era accurate or not, thats a different discussion.

Either way, you deserved it for trying to PK and recalling into a guard zone, of all places. Fail pk is fail.
Don't get your panties in a bunch. If you'd read my post carefully, you would have understood that I KNEW EXACTLY WHY I GOT GUARD WHACKED. THE ISSUE WAS THAT IT WAS INACCURATE. If the proper mechanics were in place it wouldn't have happened, it's that simple. Don't try to give me lessons on how to play the game. I'm here making a suggestion to make it accurate and you're bashing me for getting guard whacked via an inaccurate mechanic? GG.

An analogy of this situation would be me coming to the forums to say "guards are killing everyone regardless of whether they have committed a criminal action or not. it's inaccurate" and you come back and post "guard will kill everyone, regardless of their status. you need to learn how to play the game".

ps. I nearly always recall into a guard zone, criminal status or not, when I am escaping a situation. If the mechanics were accurate, trust me, I would not have died and do not want/need your advice on how I should play the game in future. I'll draw my own conclusions about the game, thanks.
Last edited by nightshark on Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Van Raily

Post by Van Raily »

I use this tactic to insta-gwhack gate-hopping town bombers. Just double-click them in war mode - don't have to hurt them, and they die.
Gone to greener pastures.