No skill gain???

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
cashbagg

No skill gain???

Post by cashbagg »

My character is capped at 700. I've set his crap skills to lower, and the skills I have yet to GM to raise.

I macroed stealing all night...(AFK). I'm stalled at 93.6 after steady gains. I realized that I've been stuck on all skill levels for 2 days now. Even skills I have zero in do not raise if I use them.

I'm wondering if this is a bug, or have I been punished by the staff? Like a 3 day freeze on stat gain or sumthin???

Anyone????

help.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: No skill gain???

Post by MatronDeWinter »

You probably arent stealing the right weight item, or dont have stealing set up, or some other skill set down.

You should be stealing something that weighs 9 stones, dont bother stealing from stacks because when you do that it selects a random number for you to attempt to steal, this random amount might not be heavy enough for you to gain on.

cashbagg

Post by cashbagg »

i macroed up to 93+ by targeting my lama who was holding a dye tub. I am succesful often.

I figured maybe targeting the llam rather than a specific object is the reason. So I targeted the dye tub specifically. No gain after hours....and I mean hours.

Next I packed a bag with 9 single coins in it, weighing 9 stones and left that to run overnight. nada!

Again, I tested out some skills I have zero in...spirit speak for instance. It is set to raise, and my skill is 0. I tried it out several times, with no skill gain. Usually from 0-30 the skill gains are huge, are they not? What gives?

cashbagg

Post by cashbagg »

just tried item ID several times (I am at 0) skill didn't even raise 0.1.

Something's not right.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

One million gold pieces says you've set skills down that are 0.0 real skill but some non-zero displayed skill. I.E. you have no real skill points in there but your STR, INT, and DEX have modified them to display 5.0, 13.2, etc.

Click on the "Show Real Values" button at the bottom of the skills scroll, then set something down that has a non-zero number in it.

cashbagg

Post by cashbagg »

yup that was it. thx.