Some tamed dragons don't go into moongates

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Some tamed dragons don't go into moongates

Post by Mikel123 »

Most of the time, if a tame dragon is attacking you, and it walks into a moongate space, it will travel through the moongate. But I've seen a few instances in which it will not.

Each time, the owner of the dragon is nowhere nearby. It may have something to do with the dragon's health being too low... I know they behave differently when they get too low on health.

Derrick

Re: Some tamed dragons don't go into moongates

Post by Derrick »

Mikel123 wrote:It may have something to do with the dragon's health being too low... I know they behave differently when they get too low on health.
Strange, it should be the oposite, the slower they move, the greater the chance of going through the gate. Thanks, will look into it.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Right, that makes sense. What I meant was, when a dragon (and many other monsters) gets low on health, it kind of retreats and is much less aggressive. This bug *might* be related to that.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

They do go in to gates unless they are running full speed at you. Some dragons when being attacked will walk to you rather than their full speed. I have seen a dragon skip the gate a couple times to kill the person attacking it.

I assume it's the same as if I walk straight through a gate instead of stopping on it.

It really doesn't happen enough to benefit anyone so i don't see it as a big deal.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

It's not running. They literally sit on the moongate square, but it has no effect. I know this because I have put the gate in places in which their direct path is through it (put it next to a wall, a rock, etc). I'm pretty sure it happens without regard for speed.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I've combed over the code for this, and can't find anything that would be causing this. The mechanics for conrolled pet moongate travel are the same as that for a player (the only exception to this is event areas). My suspicion is that the dragon (he is big) is not actually on the moongate tile, but it only appears that way; he only actually occupies one tile, although there are about 6 underneath him visually.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

99% certain that's not the case - I try to throw the moongates up next to a barrier, forcing the dragon to walk around it to get to me, knowing they always take the shortest route (which would go through the moongate).

My suspicion is that it either has to do with health, or perhaps the last command given by the controller before he recalls away.

Anyways, I'll page if I see it again. Though admittedly, I don't have a lot of time in these situations to be dilly-dallying. When the owner does return, he is typically quite angry at me and tells his dragons to eat me :-)