Stat gains rob from other stats when not necessary

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Hans
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Stat gains rob from other stats when not necessary

Post by Hans »

This seems more complicated to explain than it should.. but.. here goes:

I have been trying to finish/polish off my chars. I always seem to overlook the stats until I've come close to GMing my other skills.

While finishing off my mage a few weeks back, I had 71/30/100 (str/dex/int). So I raised camping to give me 100 str.. When I had made it to 100, I noticed my stats were now 100/19/100. It didn't make any sense why dex went lower (other than the obvious reason - dex was set to go down)

Now it seems to me that with a stat max of 225, that it should not be robbing points from a skill when you have not yet reached the 225 stat max.

I noticed this again today, training my chest looter/thief char. I had 65/100/27, started camping, and I noticed int kept going down. I'm nowhere near the 225 max, so why is this happening?? Needless to say, this time I locked int at 25 before it could go lower, and I am still gaining str as I write this.

So my question is -- is this the correct, era-accurate behavior, or is this a bug?

kthxbye

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Stat gains rob from other stats when not necessary

Post by Mikel123 »

I believe this is era-correct for T2A, but was fixed for UO:R to only rob stats when needed.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Is this back again? this can actually be beneficial for skills like lockpicking.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Faust

Post by Faust »

This was fixed awhile back and inadvertently went back in. :/

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

if a stat is marked down it is expected that you desire it to lower and it does so, it's been like this for some time. Neither this nor stat locks are correct. I'll see if I can get this fixed. We've discussed removing stat locks altogether, and I wasn't so keen on it, as it could be confusing since the buttons would still be there.

A possible solution may be giving a message to the player that stat locks don't have any effect whenever they are changed. However to remove stat locks it's crucial that stat "atrophy" works properly.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Faust

Post by Faust »

Stat locks definitely should be fixed and a message indicating that there is no effect sounds like a very good and effective idea in my opinion Derrick.

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BenBrawl »

god i hated almost getting my stats right and sure enought id mess them up somehow. stat locks are nice as you dont have to worry, but the old way was deff a bigger challenge!
Facebook.com/AbsoluteCustomsLLC

Faust

Post by Faust »

Skill locks are technically just another form of stat locking.

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

I think, before removing skill management, we should be looking to remove things from that patch that actually effect gameplay and the world as a whole, like runebooks and potion kegs. If skill lock are removed that's all that is going to be brought up constantly by people. Either we have everything from the Nov 23rd patch or we have nothing imo.
?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Caswallon wrote:I think, before removing skill management, we should be looking to remove things from that patch that actually effect gameplay and the world as a whole, like runebooks and potion kegs. If skill lock are removed that's all that is going to be brought up constantly by people. Either we have everything from the Nov 23rd patch or we have nothing imo.
This was about stat locks not skill locks. Skill locks are in era, but stat locks are not.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

Yeah I was replying to Faust when he said that skill locks are another form of stat locks.
?

Faust

Post by Faust »

My post wasn't an indicaton of removing skill locks. I'm just saying that stat locks are unnecessary in reality since skill locks is just another form of locking your stats. You cannot gain a stat unless a skill is pointing up making it very easy to "virtually" lock your stats without truly locking them, etc... :wink:

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”