120 Strength Weight Limit Bug?

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Dagon

120 Strength Weight Limit Bug?

Post by Dagon »

If you consume a greater strength potion @ 100 Str normally, you attain 120 Str and a weight limit of 460 stones.. however you cannot carry 460 stones. I couldn't add to my backpack a bag of items that would have put me at 424 weight, nevermind anything close to 460 (yes, I was below the 125 item limit).

Has this ever been addressed before?

Expected result: Ability to carry 460 stones for the duration of the potion.

Lothain

Re: 120 Strength Weight Limit Bug?

Post by Lothain »

I am not certain, but am pretty sure this is how it works:

Your personal weight limit determines how quickly you lose stamina. Your bag has a separate weight limit--much like a non-locked down container--which maxes out at 425 stones. So, with 120 str, you can theoretically move carrying 460 stones weight, but with only 425 in your pack.

To confirm, try drinking a GSTR, loading up 425(or 424) weight in your backpack, and then wearing armor so that your weight increases, but that in your pack does not.

Why you wouldn't be able to get to 424 is beyond me.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

According to the only archived stratics page about weight that I could get to load:
Character weight is fixed at 10 stones.
Maximum weight is determined by multiplying Strength by 3.5 and adding 40.
Carry Capacity is determined by subtracting Body Weight (10) from Maximum Weight.
I believe our character weight is higher (14? i didn't check), so if you've got 120str from a GS pot your maximum weight is 460 (correct), and carry capacity SHOULD BE 446 stones, based on a character weight of 14. So I guess it comes down to the container limit of 425 stones.. hmm. we getting robbed of capacity! but yeah, i still couldnt get 424 stones at that particular time.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This is correct, your bag capacity is fixed and doesn't vary based on your strength, you can fill it to max if you have only ten str, you just can't walk. Drinking the str potion would for example allow you to put 425 in your pack and still wear a ton of armor, or carry something on your cursor, without fatiguing.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."