Layering items

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Layering items

Post by BlackFoot »

So a few people have asked me this and I cant figeur it out.
When a few items are stacked one on top of the other in a pile how does the game determine which one will show up?
So say you have cloth cloth chess board cloth, all stacked on one tile, somtimes the cloth show sup on top, and sometimes the chess board.

The example I have below is with a large vase on the bottom, then two turnips, then 2 heads of lettuce, then some other stuff.
What is odd is that the game randomly decides which to have displayed. The turnip of the heads of lettuce.

Is there a way to have one item always remain the one that shows?
locking down doesnt seem to have any effect.

In picture A the turnips show up. In picture B the lettuce shows up. It seems random on each log in or each time the house loads up (you walk on the steps)

the only solution Ive found which isnt really a solution at all is to raise items really high on the tile in front and create the illusion it is on that tile. But in spots you cant do that, liek the one here.

Anyone know what sup?
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Layering items

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

So you are asking how to make the turnips turn up? Lettuce ponder this on the next Vegetable Matters. :mrgreen:
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Derrick

Re: Layering items

Post by Derrick »

I believe the client determines the priority in which to draw the items, and I think it does so in order of serial number on the item (this is 100% guess based on what I've seen it do). Because serial numbers do get reused, it can be difficult to predict what item might have a higher or lower serial.

Any time you remove items from a partial pile, the items removed are assigned a new serial. So typically you'll find that the cloth you're working with, for example, will have a higher serial than other items. However if a low serial item gets deleted, the next item created will take that serial.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."