mining- combigning large ore with small gives medium ore

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
ke6960

mining- combigning large ore with small gives medium ore

Post by ke6960 »

REPORTED ISSUE:mining- combining large ore with small gives medium ore

ISSUE DETAILS: when i combing a stack of large ore with 2 small ore it gives me a stack of medium ore instead of a stack of small ore

this is an issue because of weight (which is era accurate) where for an equal amount (4 small, 2 medium, or 1 large ore) the medium weighs more, large second highest, and small ore weighs less. so while mining if you have small ore you can carry more by combining the large ore to it, however if it makes a med stack it weighs even more than b4 you combined it.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS:

STEPS TO RECREATE: combine a stack of large ore (any number) to a small ore stack of 2 (presumably any even number but not tested)

EXPECTED RESULTS: get a stack of medium ore

DATE REPORTED:11-13-09

DATE STATUS CHANGED: 11/20/2009

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: mining- combigning large ore with small gives medium ore

Post by Daolin »

is it because it gave an uneven amount? For instance:

30 Large Ore (60 ingots) and you add 2 small ore (1 ingot).. it can't make 30 1/2 large ore (61 ingots), so it may decide to make 61 medium ore (61 ingots)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Daolin wrote:is it because it gave an uneven amount? For instance:

30 Large Ore (60 ingots) and you add 2 small ore (1 ingot).. it can't make 30 1/2 large ore (61 ingots), so it may decide to make 61 medium ore (61 ingots)
Aye, that is why this happens. If you combine ore so that it represents an even amount of ore, it should convert them to full piles.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

ke6960

Post by ke6960 »

no thats backwords it always converted to small ore... because it was how you could steal locked down ore from peoples houses b4 osi changed the house rules.... if someone had a large pile on there porch you could double click your small pile and target there large piles and it would give you all the ore in a small pile no longer locked down

Baldamier

Post by Baldamier »

The simple way to get around this: never smelt one large pile of ore. Smelt two at a time. If you fail you lose one pile, which is no biggie, and you're left with a full pile instead of one that's split up.

ke6960

Post by ke6960 »

i think your missing the point
i like the small piles because they weigh less if you combine to the smallest type of pile, you can carry more b4 you have to smelt

it was always odd to me that 2 medium piles weigh more than 1 large while the 4 smalls weighs less than either of those (back on osi) but i used it to my advantage because pack horses are slow and always getting killed by monsters etc.

are my posts making sence?? should i rewrite them differently???

right from stratics
"Please note that for the different sizes of ore, if you are mining and insist on carrying raw ore around with you, the smallest pile gives you the best ratio for weight to ore! Both medium sizes are a total waste of time and effort, as 2 of them weigh more than the 1 large they are equal to in ingots. You should either convert them to small size or smelt them immediately.

You can convert ore from a larger size to a smaller size, but does not work in the other direction (combining the two medium styles produces the more spread-out graphic of the two). To convert a pile from one size to another, you must double click on one pile of ore and then target a different sized pile. This often will not work for large piles of ore, unless both piles are on the ground. "

http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_con ... orlocation

when they talk about it not working for large piles they mean number of ore in the pile it gives you an error that this is too much weight to combine in a container

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks, Will Fix.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

ke6960

Post by ke6960 »

thank you for taking the time to look into it

and thanx in advance for fixing it