Deceit Spawn

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
ironfistmax

Deceit Spawn

Post by ironfistmax »

I remember Deceit being a LOT more popular to hunt in during T2A. I don't think all those ghouls and spectres came in until UO:R. I remember just bone knights, then liches, then liches, fire eles, and lich lords.

Derrick

Re: Deceit Spawn

Post by Derrick »

ironfistmax wrote:I remember Deceit being a LOT more popular to hunt in during T2A. I don't think all those ghouls and spectres came in until UO:R. I remember just bone knights, then liches, then liches, fire eles, and lich lords.
I hunted a lot on lvl 2, I remember the ghouls/specter/wraiths, but the ratios may be off some.

They removed a lot of nusiance spawn in UO:R, I don't hink they added any, to Fel anyway

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

ghouls and spectres were there but there was only like 1 or 2 on lvl 2 and the spawns were slow. Does anyone have the full dungeon spawns map from 98?

platy

Post by platy »

there was definetely much less spawn during t2a..
in the center of the lowest level.. where the lich and lichlord spawn together (with that little lower chamber in the middle) there was nothing in t2a.. the only lichlord was in the southernmost area (south-southwest area) as far as i can remember

Onslaught

Post by Onslaught »

platy wrote:there was definetely much less spawn during t2a..
in the center of the lowest level.. where the lich and lichlord spawn together (with that little lower chamber in the middle) there was nothing in t2a.. the only lichlord was in the southernmost area (south-southwest area) as far as i can remember
Yeah, I remember Deceit having alot less spawn too. It was the official hot spot for PVP because of Lich Lords and the bone knight wall.
A.K.A. All Skill

Great Lakes Veteran.

Currently residing on the Cho'gall World of Warcraft server.

http://www.vqguild.net - World class.

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

I as well remember a lot less ghouls and spectres. I also remember the LL room had like 1 LL and 1 Lich.

I swear I remember each Lich spawn had 1 lich and like 1 ghoul/spectre.

Clyde-

Post by Clyde- »

I could have sworn there were five seperate rooms each containing Dual balrons and the only people that could go in there had to be in the -3- Cr3w guild but not p/k guild cuz only faggots are in that one.
-cr3w-

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

P/K wars people.
-3- banksit.

You decide!

Keathus

Post by Keathus »

Hello,

We will start making the changes to reduce the "thickness" of the dungeons. I don't Exactly remember the lich lord room, since i rarely went to deceit on t2a. If I could get some input on that it would be greatly appreciated. (Rough est. of Lich lord respawns, and such information)
Lord Keathus
Second Age Staff
Forum Administrator

alatar

Post by alatar »

Keathus wrote:Hello,

We will start making the changes to reduce the "thickness" of the dungeons. I don't Exactly remember the lich lord room, since i rarely went to deceit on t2a. If I could get some input on that it would be greatly appreciated. (Rough est. of Lich lord respawns, and such information)
I think they are just wanting the miscellaneous spawn toned down a bit, like the numerous ghouls & skeletons that roam the 1st & 2nd level hallways. The only major areas were the hotspots of the dungeon.

In Deceit, I remember:

1st level:

- the Brazier: upon double clicking would spawn a random monster type.
- Water Elemental room.

2nd Level:

- Skeletal Mage Room
- Bone Knight Room (of course..)
- Mummy Box (only about 2-3 tops)

3rd Level: Throughout the hallways: (where champion spawn would be)

- Scattered liches
- 1 or 2 nox elementals

3rd level lower room:

- 2 to 3 liches
- a single nox elemental

4th level: Entrance Area:

- Was pretty vacant, maybe a ghoul or a skeletal knight tops.

4th level, Hallways leading north: (doors were also trigger locked, had to unlock to pass)

- Miscellaneous lower end spawn leading towards the upper lich room.
- 2 to 4 liches inside lava bridge area.
- 2 fire elementals.
- Oddly remember something about gazers, maybe elder gazers? In that little room with the invisible stone wall door, I could just be tired though.

4th level, Lich Lord Hall:

- Random spawn type of 3 to 5 liches &/or lich lords.
- 1 silver serpent.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

your still to high alatar.

mainly the last most eastern room the one and only LL room.

Had 1 Lich lord and 1 Lich spawn. Thats all. There was also only 1 poison ele and it spawned in the exploding mushroom room. Another difference with t2a spawn and uor spawn was spawns never really knew where their starting location was.... they wouldnt think to start going back to their home spawn location after there was no more target around. they would just start to mope around where they were last left. That is why you sometimes saw the poison ele all around. Someone just led it out and left it.

Artemis

Post by Artemis »

The most important part that made deciet the Pvp haven that it was. On Catskills shard The lich lord room was special as the upper level of the room had a 1 tile LoS(Line of Sight) and off the ledge the rest of the room was normal LoS(Line of Sight). This made for a very unique type of combat and shenanigans to occur there. As with only 1 tile LoS(Line of Sight), mobs couldnt see you an players couldnt hear you unless they stood right next to you. Meaning people could cast spells an you would never hear what spell they were casting unless they stood next to you. It could of been a recall spell precast, or it coulda been a Exp that you wont know till it might be too late, hehe.)
The ledge also had specific places you could teleport up to from certain tiles down below, learning those tiles meant the difference between living and dying in the heat of combat. There were only about 5 different place/tiles of varying distances and angles for teleporting.
Deciet was the hottest PvP on most servers mainly because the respawn timers where off the chain compared to every other dungeons, and the LL room had the most ridiculous battles Ive ever seen.

Some shards didnt seem to have the same set-up/world map for their Lich lord rooms, some had the ledges partially or totally blocked off with impassable pillars, ect. And I thought how horrible to have such a cool play element missing

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

the back room with the bridges and fire eles, it had 2 fire eles in it and there was a lich taht would spawn in the hallway behind it, that was all that was in that room
and there was nothing in the pit room at all later they added a silver serp
and lich lord room only had one lich and a lich lord,
all i remember and that was on great lakes and was exact same on atlantic
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Coffee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Coffee »

Fairly certain the LL room spawned silver serpents. I can't recall if it was 1 or 2, or if they were always there -- but I do remember seeing them fairly often.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Coffee wrote:Fairly certain the LL room spawned silver serpents. I can't recall if it was 1 or 2, or if they were always there -- but I do remember seeing them fairly often.
I belive this was post Era. I didn't know of any Silver Serps that spawned off islands