Cloth/bandage stacking

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Yohsiph

Cloth/bandage stacking

Post by Yohsiph »

Hi

REPORTED ISSUE: Cutting a stack of cloth only gives one bandage at a time.

ISSUE DETAILS: The cloth I was using was not purchased - I harvested the cotton from the moonglow field, and put it together in the west brit tailor. When I got my 3 bolts of cloth, I started cutting them up, and was puzzled to find that I was only getting one bandage at a time. So I cut that shit 150 times.

It's worth noting that I recently filed a ticket that vendors were not responding to my speech (bank, vendor buy). I was advised to download the speech file and drop it into my UO folder, which resolved my problem. So, this may not be a bug in the server - I may need to replace a corrupted file. Who knows?

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: I'm on vista running a t2a client.

STEPS TO RECREATE: Probably run through the issue details.

EXPECTED RESULTS: Anything could happen!!!

DATE REPORTED: 10/25/09 12:15 AM

DATE STATUS CHANGED:

Faust

Re: Cloth/bandage stacking

Post by Faust »

Bandages only cut once per clip with scissors before it was changed later after the UOR publish.

fatmagic

Post by fatmagic »

Yes this is actually Era Accurate, so this won't be changed. Sorry mate.

Paroxysmus

Post by Paroxysmus »

Its actually not all that bad, I just make a macro and run around doing something else while my char cuts cloth.
Image Against all odds. War us.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yohsiph wrote: It's worth noting that I recently filed a ticket that vendors were not responding to my speech (bank, vendor buy). I was advised to download the speech file and drop it into my UO folder, which resolved my problem.
Glad to hear that fixed it!

This is the correct behavior for cutting cloth though.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

pkamber

Post by pkamber »

I am curious as to why the correct behavior for using scissors on cloth will only make one bandage. This seems like a clearly inefficient use of game time to cut bandages in this manner. I realize the desire for the game to be as closely related to T2A times, but I would hope that if there was a bug causing crashes during this era that the problem would be corrected even though it wouldn't be exactly as it was. I could see this bandage cutting problem being as issue for many new players because it makes the shard look very unprofessional, which isn't the case at all. I started this shard like I am sure many people that joined did. I started up a warrior, found some sheep, made some cloth and then spent the next hour asking people how to cut the entire 100 bandages. I don't see any real disadvantages to updating the bandage creation process. OSI clearly saw a need for change and since there aren't any negative effects I think that this shard should really considering making the change also. I doubt there would be any complaints from the T2A veterans and the new players would see a much friendlier and professional shard at first play.

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

pkamber wrote:I am curious as to why the correct behavior for using scissors on cloth will only make one bandage. This seems like a clearly inefficient use of game time to cut bandages in this manner. I realize the desire for the game to be as closely related to T2A times, but I would hope that if there was a bug causing crashes during this era that the problem would be corrected even though it wouldn't be exactly as it was. I could see this bandage cutting problem being as issue for many new players because it makes the shard look very unprofessional, which isn't the case at all. I started this shard like I am sure many people that joined did. I started up a warrior, found some sheep, made some cloth and then spent the next hour asking people how to cut the entire 100 bandages. I don't see any real disadvantages to updating the bandage creation process. OSI clearly saw a need for change and since there aren't any negative effects I think that this shard should really considering making the change also. I doubt there would be any complaints from the T2A veterans and the new players would see a much friendlier and professional shard at first play.
its Era Accurate!

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Ooompa Loompa

Post by Ooompa Loompa »

I don't see it as being unprofessional. Those who played during that time did it, and it was no big deal. I've gotten used to it again here. Those who have never played don't know any difference.

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zorce »

I hear you, there are several things that OSI improved on in a good way for the good of the game that didn't have negative effects on gameplay such as bandage cutting and crafting gumps which were big improvements for simplicity reasons but having a T2A accurate shard it would be hard to allow some inaccurate things and not others without a huge debate on everything.

So basically to keep it accurate allows players to know where the shard stands and will stay without worrying about drastic changes.

Yohsiph

Post by Yohsiph »

Oh, well you see, the reason I thought it was a bug was because I played uosecondage a few months ago, but drifted away because of RL responsibilities. When I played then, stacks of cloth cut into stacks of bandaids. So I take the single bandaid from a stack of cloth must be a recent change?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, it was in this patch:
Subject: Patch 108 - July, 20, 2009
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”