Instant House - Help Stuck

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Eulogy

Re: Instant House - Help Stuck

Post by Eulogy »

Era accuracy for the win.

Horray for miners!

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

So what do we do about it? Thats another terrable thing thats added to the list.
[broken image]

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

tekai wrote:Needs a 30 second - 2 minute wait time like going to town. People are currently exploiting its use to run from PKs, leave their house without the risk of opening the door, and house stealthing with 0 risk that the owner can not get a murder count. Those are not accurate gameplay advantages.

I am also guilty of using it to slingshot myself into battle with my pks whenever someone is outside, i shouldnt be able to do that, i should have to open a portal outside.
It should be removed all together its not accurate. just make it port to town in 2 minutes or nothing.

imo the port to town is an exception because gms can't be expected to be available all the time to unstuck you.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

malice-tg wrote:
tekai wrote:Needs a 30 second - 2 minute wait time like going to town. People are currently exploiting its use to run from PKs, leave their house without the risk of opening the door, and house stealthing with 0 risk that the owner can not get a murder count. Those are not accurate gameplay advantages.

I am also guilty of using it to slingshot myself into battle with my pks whenever someone is outside, i shouldnt be able to do that, i should have to open a portal outside.
It should be removed all together its not accurate. just make it port to town in 2 minutes or nothing.

imo the port to town is an exception because gms can't be expected to be available all the time to unstuck you.
as i mentioned before... this + not being able to hold anything in your hand (on your cursor) or be overloaded to be able to use the function. (I have no idea if that can be coded or not)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

There will be some modifications to the stuck menu in the next publish, including the removal of the default RunUO behavior when used within a house. The ability to remove ones self from a house will likely be removed as well as it is not accurate to house mechanics of the era.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

This is why this shard rules.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

Hoots wrote:as i mentioned before... this + not being able to hold anything in your hand (on your cursor) or be overloaded to be able to use the function. (I have no idea if that can be coded or not)
If something is going to be changed (fixed), then it should be 100% accurate.
If you could hold 60,000 ore in your cursor and help -> stuck to town in T2A, then you should be able to do so here.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Eulogy there was no help stuck in T2A, you had to page a gm.
[broken image]

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Remove Thyself > Target Self Worked just fine

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Kraarug wrote:Remove Thyself > Target Self Worked just fine
Hasnt that been debated here? Was there a question to if remove thyself would actually work on your own toon or only on other toons?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Hoots wrote:
Kraarug wrote:Remove Thyself > Target Self Worked just fine
Hasnt that been debated here? Was there a question to if remove thyself would actually work on your own toon or only on other toons?
My understanding was this was pretty unanimously regarded as inaccurate. Nothing it set in stone until publish though, so if there's any information on this please provide.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

Remove Thyself existed in early 1999:

http://groups.google.be/group/rec.games ... lf%22+1999
If they get in your way, just use the 'remove thyself' command.
http://groups.google.be/group/rec.games ... lf%22+1999
you put the commands "Remove thyself" and "I ban thee" on macro keys you'll be doing yourself a favor.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

"Remove thyself" certainly existed in T2A. I used it all the time.

I think the question is if you could target yourself and I can't remember not being able to do so. I don't see any patch note saying that you couldn't.

I wonder, what light the demo shed on this subject.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

RawToxic wrote:REPORTED ISSUE: The House Command Remove Thyself is not working correctly.

ISSUE DETAILS: The house command Remove Thyself is not allowing itself to be targeted properly. If you attempt to remove thyself on yourself, a co-owner, or a friend of the house, you receive a message that says You cannot eject a friend of the house!

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: UOSA 5.0.83, Win XP Pro 64Bit

STEPS TO RECREATE: Enter a house that you are a friend, co-owner, or owner of. Type remove thyself and target yourself or another friend or co-owner of the property. The message will be received htat says you cannot eject a friend of the house.

EXPECTED RESULTS: Since items are able to be locked down to block you from leaving a house, the remove thyself command should be able to be used on any entity that enters the property. I used to have a locked down counter on my vendor house on OSI and would use the remove thyself command frequently to exit from behind the locked down counter without having to unlock and lock down the blocked item within the counter.

DATE REPORTED: 11/30/2008

Date Status Changed: 11/30/2008

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, sorry if i mis-worded that. The "remove yourself" command definitely worked in era, I'm not sure it is in the Demo's time-frame. You could not remove friends on the house though, and it's believed that this would include the person issuing the command. We can look into this further.
Last edited by Derrick on Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected a total failure of clarity