PERMA GREY - How is this suppose to work?

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

PERMA GREY - How is this suppose to work?

Post by Wise »

From my understanding & what I have been told, Perma Grey is pretty straight forward and this is how it works (please correct me where I am wrong)

Perma Grey - {When perma grey you show blue to players but can be attacked by any player that "knows" you have stolen or has saw you attempt to steal off you or another player, ALSO when perma grey you can be attacked outside of town by anyone regardless of if they know you have stolen or not and that player will not be turned grey for being aggressive towards you. When you die while perma grey you still have to wait out the 2 minute grey timer before being resurrected}

Now this is what happend to me today I was standing about 8 tiles away from Tyrone & Storm at Vesper bank, Tyrone had been stealing off Storm (we knew storm is my GF and was watching) I saw Tyrone attempt to steal from Storm, I then went over moments later to try and Attack and Kill Tyrone, which subsequently got me guard wacked

here is the SS with the Notable journal entry's highlighted

So how DOES perma Grey work? I am going to try and dig up some patch note information later this weekend

Cheers
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Derrick

Re: PERMA GREY - How is this suppose to work?

Post by Derrick »

This is pretty strange, however, is Storm in the thieves guild?
Storm said "Stealing off another thief is sad"; If storm was in the thieves guild and/or if perma grey herself, there would be no perma gray flag attached, and if perma gray herself, not a criminal action.

You won't get a perma flag unless you are in the thieves guild, and are performing a criminal action that requires thieves guild membership. That is, a noto thief will never have a perma flag.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Pro-tip

Use skill stealing on guy you think is a thief

You are not in the thieves guild yada yada : Hes not permagrey

You fail to steal : permagrey attack away
[broken image]

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

There was a small issue found in that if you reveal a perma gray by attacking them, and the combat ceases that they would go blue to you again, this will be fixed in the next publish, they should remain grey until they die once revealed.

It has been completely confirmed that you cannot be guard whacked if you attack someone that has a perma-grey flag.

It is also confirmed that you will not receive a perma grey flag if you are not in the thieves guild, or if you steal from someone who is in the thieves guild, even if that thieves guild member is blue. The perma gray flag is only given to thieves guild members when stealing from a blue player who is not themselves in the thieves guild.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."