Rare Spawns

Topics related to Second Age
Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Rare Spawns

Post by Flash Hardstar »

Cutpurse wrote:Flash (Candy?): I've gotten the arrows 3 times... twice on Saturdays and once on Sunday. Unless they were changed, I don't see how they would sit from Tuesday until the weekend.
erhhhhh wrong. Those things were clockwork every Tuesday morning.

Tekai message me if there's locations you're missing.
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

Silverfoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Silverfoot »

I don't think there is any such thing as a "monthly" or "weekly" spawn as we know it. If you could get a spawn down to a specific time and get it every month, then you would think no one else could possibly be grabbing the same rare, but that is not the case, other people are likely getting it occasionally.

In my experience, this is how the spawns work: Say you time the full jars and you notice they spawn every Saturday at 8am. So you think, 'hey this must be a weekly spawn.' Well it could also be that the full jars also spawn on Wednesday afternoon. The spawn code checks to see if the item is there, if it is, no new item spawns, if it isn't there, a new one spawns, as opposed to "spawn a new rare after x time has passed after the rare was picked up". The timer probably checks multiple times over one week or one month. This can account for times in the past where a fellow rare hunter might find the sheet music only a week after I grabbed it, when I was sure it spawned only every three weeks.

This idea really came to light when I used to check locked town boxes all the time. Every once in awhile the box would literally respawn as I was pulling the gold and items out of it. Those are likely on a "respawn items inside box and lock if unlocked" which it checks every 30 minutes or whatever.

Another example that happened somewhat recently was when Flash Hardstar had told me had those full jars on a timer, grabbing them the same time every week and I went and found the full jars within 48 hours of him grabbing it one time.

So, in short, I think a lot of these rares spawn a lot more frequently than you guys think.

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

I've recently been finding alot of forged metal. I could care less about rares, just wondering if forged metal spawn is fairly common knowledge?

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

Arkosh Kovasz wrote:I've recently been finding alot of forged metal. I could care less about rares, just wondering if forged metal spawn is fairly common knowledge?
Yes.
I believe that they spawn in more than one place as well, making it a semi-rare.

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

Silverfoot wrote:Another example that happened somewhat recently was when Flash Hardstar had told me had those full jars on a timer, grabbing them the same time every week and I went and found the full jars within 48 hours of him grabbing it one time.So, in short, I think a lot of these rares spawn a lot more frequently than you guys think.
It depends on the rare. Some were on the dot, others varied. You could pick up the arrows in serps down to the hour every week, as well as the full vials in hyth. As for this instance, the full jars ive never had on "lockdown", they spawned too quick to care. Also, this specific instance is right when they added in the stove in Occlo, i believe they were spawned purposely under them for the addition.

Hanging armor was also every 2 weeks, maybe not down to the hour - but down to the day.

I know this to be true because what all these newbie rare hunters didn't have to do, is record an RPV all day on the locations to make sure nobody else had grabbed it. Myself and at least one other I know of,**COUGH Blackfoot COUGH* did this to accurately find out their spawn timers. This was also useful on spots you thought something might spawn to see if either it did and someone grabbed it, or if people recalled in to check it frequently.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Flash Hardstar wrote:
Silverfoot wrote:Another example that happened somewhat recently was when Flash Hardstar had told me had those full jars on a timer, grabbing them the same time every week and I went and found the full jars within 48 hours of him grabbing it one time.So, in short, I think a lot of these rares spawn a lot more frequently than you guys think.
It depends on the rare. Some were on the dot, others varied. You could pick up the arrows in serps down to the hour every week, as well as the full vials in hyth. As for this instance, the full jars ive never had on "lockdown", they spawned too quick to care. Also, this specific instance is right when they added in the stove in Occlo, i believe they were spawned purposely under them for the addition.

Hanging armor was also every 2 weeks, maybe not down to the hour - but down to the day.

I know this to be true because what all these newbie rare hunters didn't have to do, is record an RPV all day on the locations to make sure nobody else had grabbed it. Myself and at least one other I know of,**COUGH Blackfoot COUGH* did this to accurately find out their spawn timers. This was also useful on spots you thought something might spawn to see if either it did and someone grabbed it, or if people recalled in to check it frequently.
Jesus... all day rpv's???

Wow, i am just amazed at the devotion to pixels.

To each his own :D

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

That dedication is probably the biggest difference between actual rare hunters, and free loadin piggybackers who want somthin for nuthin :D
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

BlackFoot wrote:That dedication is probably the biggest difference between actual rare hunters, and free loadin piggybackers who want somthin for nuthin :D
Well, who is better off at an idoc? The stealther who camps it for 12 hours or the tamer who brings in 20 drags right before it drops? :D

Gotta love uo!

Pro

Post by Pro »

The stealther as the tamers gonna get dropped in seconds like at every idoc

Silverfoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Silverfoot »

Flash Hardstar wrote:

So you would RPV all day for 14 days and then sit there and watch them? I had plenty of luck just checking rares once or twice a day.

I'm not all that familiar with the hanging armor spawn, but I know not all spawns worked that way. Not all rares spawn only on one specific day/time.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

many of the spawns changed timers to be more random, they were 90% static timers that were like clockwork for a long time. When all the new lockbox rares + oven in ocllo etc were added in the timers changed as well.

Silverfoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Silverfoot »

Most of the rares didn't seem static to me. Like the pot of wax you had told me spawned once a month last Summer, but I ended grabbing it at a completely different time then you said it would spawn. The sheet music I thought I had timed to every three weeks, but sometimes people would grab it a week after I did. This was also the case with many other rares. All this was Spring/Summer of last year. You'd think if you guys had them down to the exact time they would spawn that you would be the only ones getting them. Coffee, me and I am sure several others got plenty of rares last year, before the timer changes.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

many of the longer rare spawns didnt show up at times that were favourable to my playtime. If for instance I picked up a rare on a weekend one time, I would probably never see that rare for 3/4 months until the next weekend i happened ot be online.

The ones i can be absoultely sure about were weekday, day time spawns, with rpv journals to log their spawning timers.

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

Silverfoot wrote: Coffee, me and I am sure several others got plenty of rares last year, before the timer changes.
I can assure you when I got in the rares game, you all saw alot less of them :P I was dedicated though, i stopped rpv'ing when i just started using 1k recall regs a day recalling to the spots every 30-45 min for 14 hours straight :mrgreen:

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Thats how I do it, and truthfully how it should be done.

Trying to beat the system and come up with timers is breaking the whole point. It's there to be fun for people who enjoy the aspect of scavenger hunting, collecting and art deco.
[broken image]