Atlantic Shard 1998-2002

Topics related to Second Age
Eyepatch

Re: Atlantic Shard 1998-2002

Post by Eyepatch »

swaswj wrote:
Eyepatch wrote: I remember Will, now that you mention the name.
I wouldn't have thought I was all that memorable outside my own guilds, and maybe a few TBers like Chrae and Jessie. My main schtick was exploration, which was good for guild parties and such (jousting on top of British's castle, races through the Yew prisons, stuff like that). I was somewhat heavily involved in the defense and later the offense during Trinsic's invasion, but my contributions were probably overshadowed by Jorland Brae and Arturius.

I do remember the name Eyepatch but I can't remember where I've seen you, I'm sorry to say.

Hmmm, did you ever play World of Warcraft? Maybe I'm thinking of a Will from WoW (Archimonde/Mug'thol, maybe?).

swaswj

Post by swaswj »

Eyepatch wrote: Hmmm, did you ever play World of Warcraft? Maybe I'm thinking of a Will from WoW (Archimonde/Mug'thol, maybe?).
I did for a while, but not as "Will." My main WoW char was Sayis, and I played on Dragonblight.

Eyepatch

Post by Eyepatch »

swaswj wrote:
Eyepatch wrote: Hmmm, did you ever play World of Warcraft? Maybe I'm thinking of a Will from WoW (Archimonde/Mug'thol, maybe?).
I did for a while, but not as "Will." My main WoW char was Sayis, and I played on Dragonblight.

Gotcha. Maybe I was confusing the two. Ah well, nice to see another Atlantic resident here.

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

I remember Dark from SSJ, Volrath, and Mad Martigan II.

I was BEELZABUB, and I can help you if you need help getting started here.

Ollie

Post by Ollie »

Fwerp wrote:I remember Dark from SSJ, Volrath, and Mad Martigan II.

I was BEELZABUB, and I can help you if you need help getting started here.

Woohoo, someone remembers me! I do remember a lot of the guilds mentioned, but the names are kinda hazy
Cowards that are currently up for a personal bounty!

Veritas
Smithy

sMASH
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by sMASH »

joka and i hate you.

Ganonn

Post by Ganonn »

Hey guys,

I played as Ganonn on Atlantic for a few years from around 1999-sometime after T2A. I hung around the crossroads outside Britain and was a member of the X-Crew. I remember a lot of the guilds mentioned... CC, SSJ, LLTS, etc. I just recently stumbled across the shard when reminiscing about the UO days and decided I'd give it a try even though I haven't played for years. After I left UO I tried Asheron's Call, EQ, Shadowbane, and a few others but never played one for more than two or three months. Anyways, I started a character of the same name (Ganonn) on the shard. See ya around

Corwin_LOA

Post by Corwin_LOA »

I think you all killed me multiple times. In all the years and all the games that have come out since, the original UO was still the most fun.

Corwin of Amber - Lost Order of Akalabeth

Lupos

Post by Lupos »

Atlantic was my first shard (I had no idea that Pacific was where most Oceanic players were based). I had absolutely no idea in my first few months. My first character was Ramon the Black and I lived around Empath Abbey and had no idea in my first few months.

I spent my time hunting the fields in incredible stop start rubber band lag, hunting deer, animals etc. I had no idea at the time that bandages could be used to heal beyond the passive healing and roamed too far north and made the mistake of attacking a panther. It was a time where a simple orc mage made me absolutely crap my pants.

It wasn't until a character called "Tolkien" took me under his wing, said... remake your character with 50 resist, 50 magery and use bandages that I truly started to understand the game mechanics. In the end I realised the limitation of my lag and how fast everyone ran around me and someone got me onto UOextreme and the fast walk. All of a sudden I could run, fight and kill with the best of them, then this got fixed and I couldn't handle it. I quit until the Oceania shard started and played until early age of shadows days and quit in disgust when I could no longer kill my opponent and parade his belongings in front of him.

Now I'm here, and I can't wait to get back into the swing of things once I've finished moving house IRL.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

looking for Forge or HATEBREED
cmon atlantic players :D
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Annihilus

Post by Annihilus »

Hi. I don't actually intend to create an in game account, but I stumbled on this site/server because of this link over at reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments ... to_ultima/

I was just flipping through this thread and thought I'd say hi to some of the names that were familiar to me.

I used to play as Annihilus on Atlantic. I was in X-Crew briefly, EB briefly, S!S briefly, and maybe even in SSJ briefly (probably only after Gohan quit; he kinda hated me). Most of the time I was in my own, 1 man guild (Random Acts of Violence - RaV).

Just thought I'd say hi.

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

Corwin_LOA wrote:I think you all killed me multiple times. In all the years and all the games that have come out since, the original UO was still the most fun.

Corwin of Amber - Lost Order of Akalabeth
LOA, welcome.. did you bring anyone else with you?

we were NE of your clearing.. guild name MHK or as i said earlier in the thread i think we may have been TSD(the silken dagger) at the time.. with biohazard, raistlin(magius), azazel, mirt, defiler... clan moor i believe was just SE of your clearing.

hada79

Post by hada79 »

ahh atlantic. I was Annorexia, my theif was Rascal and i had a guild full of guys named Rascal with the same outfits and hair, it was a blast.

I remember Mojo Risen, he was known as a non-macro'er and could still kick some ass. Hemlock, galyndria(sp?) and M~N

Myg

Post by Myg »

Anyone have any Recollections of -V-?

Used to be a member, felt like I was part of a family; was pretty neat.

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

Just stumbled onto this post.

Original Atlantic player here.

GM of the original HoG (Hand of God)
At my height I had 5 accounts (one was free since i was a counselor for a few years)
List of names I played on:

Ramatut
Ramatut II
Ramrock
Stacy Sanchez
Immortus
Verden Leafglow
Grimsoar
Dekklin
Dirty Sanchez
Tally Wacker

oh god i cant even remember anymore of them.

Also player for years with:

Devils Play
Ah Dont
Cristo
Saith
Gaylord
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446