Who Runs the Server these days

Topics related to Second Age
DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Who Runs the Server these days

Post by DrFaustus »

Faust wrote:Still a lot of work left to do if you ask me.

- Comat Timer
- AI, such as pathfinding
- Era accurate spawn system
- Critical era accurate bug features such as the axis energy vortex that should not be dispelled

Etc... all sorts of projects that are critical components of this era that impact it quite drastically.
Boo Hiss Burn Die
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
corruption42 wrote: QFT.

This is not a kind server, however, this was simply not a kind era.
I disagree. The "era" was very kind. There were great people everywhere. When you saw someone outside of town, you did not have any need to immediately take off running like you do on UOSA. Not everyone was out to scam you. There were so many casual players that just wanted to have a good time, that it made for a more realistic world in-era. This is not the case on UOSA of course, largely due to the remaining demograph that still plays the game.

Agreed. It is ridiculous and that is honestly largely because OSI had a staff that banned players for a lot of good various reasons.

The game itself is so flawed that without active GMs patrolling..... players exploit the system to greif and I think this attracts the type of demographic that you are talking about while also discouraging other types of players.

Whenever I feel like I don't want to deal with the BS, I just choose a modern game like Guild Wars 2 because modern games don't have the same issues with flawed programming and yet you can still pvp. ...or I just don't play a video game rofl?

Hit the help button lately? womp womp.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Emforcer92 wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:

I disagree. The "era" was very kind. There were great people everywhere. When you saw someone outside of town, you did not have any need to immediately take off running like you do on UOSA. Not everyone was out to scam you. There were so many casual players that just wanted to have a good time, that it made for a more realistic world in-era. This is not the case on UOSA of course, largely due to the remaining demograph that still plays the game.
Thinking back ... So very true!
We need more Gamers that never played UO before (or only casual back then).

A lot of people play those crappy "Free to Play" Games these Days (that mostly aren't really free after all), so i wonder how we can get more of them to play UO instead? Unfortunately I suck at advertising or Social Media, so all I could do was inviting old UO Friends so far ...
Casual Gamers are rather discouraged by the AFK Razor Bot Fest.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

I consider myself a Casual, and if anything, the Razor-macroing allowed me to build parts of my builts much faster than I would've been otherwise able to. So it's a huge plus for me.

What really turns me down is two-fold

1- Part of the game are much too dangerous to go and explore casually (ie: dongeons for one) -- I miss trammel for that reason alone. It was great exploring without watching my back all the time.

2- twice to seven times the Deed-prices for big houses... as a casual, it's going to take forever to make that money, and that's if nobody raise their current prices.

There's also some minor things like Tailoring ressources in shop being overpriced (casual = not a lot of time to farm ressources), no Leather Dyes, and it being far more difficult to get reagents/blank scrolls than it was on OSI servers.

Conquistador

Post by Conquistador »

doubt he was referring to character building

Emforcer92

Post by Emforcer92 »

Light Shade wrote:
Emforcer92 wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:

Thinking back ... So very true!
We need more Gamers that never played UO before (or only casual back then).

A lot of people play those crappy "Free to Play" Games these Days (that mostly aren't really free after all), so i wonder how we can get more of them to play UO instead? Unfortunately I suck at advertising or Social Media, so all I could do was inviting old UO Friends so far ...
Theres enough Gamers (not sure if you can call them "casual" anymore) spending hundreds of dollars buying items or stats in those so called -free to play- games. They could macro AFK here for free :lol:
Sengo Muramasa 千子 村正 Armory at Trinny Stone Vendors!
GM Armor (many Colors), GM Weapons, GM Bows, Arrows/Bolts

Click>Trinny Stone Vendors
@ Trinsic Moongate

Tony Costa

Post by Tony Costa »

chumbucket wrote:
Populus wrote:
Braden wrote:we have achieved, almost entirely, our goal of era accuracy.
We better start a second shard then, before you guys are out of voluntary work to do.
UOSA: Siege Perilous Edition

I agree with you 150%. That would be fucking sick.

Scienter

Post by Scienter »

Matron nailed it.

However, that demographic he speaks of has been mitigated assuming the year 2011 was the benchmark.

Anyways, SDA_Slaine, I hope you read the PM I sent you and consider it. Bringing a large population to this shard gives you bargaining power beyond imagination if you use it.
Thank you,

-Scienter
"The Great One"
FT$
PM me with reflect bracelets or charged halberds!
New Vent Info:
IP:uosa.puddleboy.com
port:4490
Need a channel? Fill out the information here: http://secondage.puddleboy.com