Few things I've noticed

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
ifotwo

Post by ifotwo »

Starting character don't start with a pair of scissors.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks. Makes no sence to get a bolt of cloth and no scissors.

I've added scissors to beginning tailors, effective at tonights restart.

ifotwo

Post by ifotwo »

Back in the early days, the titles on the profiles for people were a bit different. Instead of being an apprentice Archer, it would say Neophyte Archer. Although my memory of this particular bit may be a little cloudy, so it may have just been the title before apprentice (ie - if 60-70 archery = apprentice, then 50-60 = neophyte).

I know you're striving for authenticity, so I figured I'd let you know. I remember because it was the first time I had ever heard the word neophyte =P

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

ifotwo wrote:Back in the early days, the titles on the profiles for people were a bit different. Instead of being an apprentice Archer, it would say Neophyte Archer. Although my memory of this particular bit may be a little cloudy, so it may have just been the title before apprentice (ie - if 60-70 archery = apprentice, then 50-60 = neophyte).

I know you're striving for authenticity, so I figured I'd let you know. I remember because it was the first time I had ever heard the word neophyte =P
Thank you for heads up, im sure he will take a look into this.

ifotwo

Post by ifotwo »

Found a broken tile, may just be a client issue. Included my mini-map and location in the screenshot for ease:

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

Here is my screenshot of the area:

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

In client version 5.0.8.3 I see it as broken as well.

Fixed it. Thanks!

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

My client is 6.0.5.0

ifotwo

Post by ifotwo »

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

That's very strange, believe is or not it's in the map file. I don't think there's much a can do about it.

Thanks though.

ifotwo

Post by ifotwo »

Huh. It's not really a big deal, I'm just pointing out stuff I see =P

ifotwo

Post by ifotwo »

The starting 1000 gold is newbified and does not drop onto corpses when the player dies. Any amount of the original gold, even if it's less than the 1000 stays on the player when they die. I assume if anything is added then it becomes non-newbied. But, the original 1000 gold is newbied and it shouldn't be. =)

ifotwo

Post by ifotwo »

3 provisioners and 3 cobblers in one building just seemed a little excessive to me. Not really a problem, just thought I'd mention it.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, very excessive. All huddled around the table too. We had a lot more of this before the server went live, we thought we'd cleaned them all up but I guess we missed this one.

Thanks

do0m

Re: Few things I've noticed

Post by do0m »

Ive noticed a few things as well.

1) Monsters seem to stay aggro'd on you for a long time (IE, Dragon is chasing you in destard 3 screens from where you recalled in... you recall out back to town, then back to your oringal spot, guess what? the dragon comes after you again from 3 screens away.)

2) Monsters have a greater casting distance than players. (which was not in T2A... If you could not hit a MoB with a spell it could not hit you)

3) Orcs never spawned in moonglow

4) Dragons did not have magery in T2A, I know this was brought up in another thread but I figured I'd add it to the list.

5) There was not 5 orge lords on the island in despise, only 3 (On Catskills, Baja, and Sonoma anyway)

6) There's no strong boxes for co-owners? (http://update.uo.com/design_20.html)