UOSA Staff Plan of Action

Topics related to Second Age
Derrick

Re: UOSA Staff Plan of Action

Post by Derrick »

Some people will certainly become bored with UO and others will find new ways to entertain themselves. Reliance on administration to continuously change the game to provide old players some very temporary relief has been well demonstrated to fail. There are some aspects of mechanical accuracy that remain on the table and will likely be addressed in the future, but we have come a long way since shard open in terms of mechanical corrections and future changes are not expected to be drastic.

Second Age thrives on the ever changing community within, not by administrative tinkering :)
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

nubnub
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by nubnub »

Ask not what the admins can do for you - ask what you can do for UOSA/Sosaria.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

I do miss the holiday specials - July 4, Easter, etc.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Derrick, have you clarified in your will what should happen to UO SecondAge when you pass in 100 years?

I vote Batlin runs the ship, co-piloted by Kaivan.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

He has me in his will. Here is my game plan.

1. Completely new lands that can be reached by moongate. You can decide to go from Feluca to trammel. Trammel will have prettier grass, whilst felluca will look dead.
2. Statloss will be removed and pks will have felluca all to themselves.

3. I plan to eventually implement a new system, called the Champion system. You will collect skulls of dead champions to summon a bigger champion. You can access this system in felluca AND trammel.

4. New housing in trammel. No castle placement allowed.

As we move into my Second Year of ownership, I plan to allow house customization and a new land called Malas.

Thank you for your time.

GuardianKnight of the EA guild.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

Derrick is doing it perfectly.

I love you Derrick.

Marry me (in game of course).

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

azheman wrote:Derrick is doing it perfectly.

I love you Derrick.

Marry me (in game of course).

Why only in the game? Will your current husband be mad if you try and marry someone else IRL?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

GuardianKnight wrote:He has me in his will. Here is my game plan.

1. Completely new lands that can be reached by moongate. You can decide to go from Feluca to trammel. Trammel will have prettier grass, whilst felluca will look dead.

3. I plan to eventually implement a new system, called the Champion system. You will collect skulls of dead champions to summon a bigger champion. You can access this system in felluca AND trammel.

As we move into my Second Year of ownership, I plan to allow house customization and a new land called Malas.

Thank you for your time.

Will there be ethereal mounts?
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

matchstick

Post by matchstick »

I am enjoying my stay on the shard so far, and wish I was here long ago when the staff was more interactive. That being said, and knowing that the staff doesn't want to run CTF and the like, I do think they should host Seer type events. Invasion of Trinsic type things. They were pretty close to T2A, maybe just after though. Something to breath some life and activity, if even for a weekend at a time.
LlamaShop - Dealing in all your mount and pet related needs!

Nightmares: Pure-60k | Long-25k | Short-20k || Frenzys: "Ugly" -3k | Shadow-15k || White Wyrms & Dragons -5k

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

GuardianKnight wrote:He has me in his will. Here is my game plan.

Thank you for your time.

You shut your mouth. That is NOT funny.

Populus

Post by Populus »

Derrick wrote:Second Age thrives on the neverchanging community within, such as the cA guild.
Receive our blessings Lord Derrick!
ImageImageImage
[cA]

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Derrick wrote:Some people will certainly become bored with UO and others will find new ways to entertain themselves. Reliance on administration to continuously change the game to provide old players some very temporary relief has been well demonstrated to fail. There are some aspects of mechanical accuracy that remain on the table and will likely be addressed in the future, but we have come a long way since shard open in terms of mechanical corrections and future changes are not expected to be drastic.

Second Age thrives on the ever changing community within, not by administrative tinkering :)
That may very well be true; however, New players haven't even had the chance to experience aspects of the game that are well within reach to recreate and reward loyalty through seemingly "pushbutton" activities (correct me if I'm off the mark and its a total pain in the ass to have a town invasion).

I guess I'm trying to say that the little things make all the difference. Of the entire active population the above underlined statement applies to what percentage? I doubt the majority of players will consume and be bored with any situational enhancements (trying to stay away from the word "event"). Don't get me wrong - I seek out/create fun and fulfillment in this sand box and am appreciative that this service is offered for free - I just see more potential for an extremely loyal/diverse community to bring more players in.

It feels like for years you've worked and toiled over creating this perfect restoration of a 1961 AC Cobra, with painstaking attention to accurate detail of Carol Shelby's original roadster, only to drive it around the block a couple times and park it in the garage with a sheet over it. Take it to the show - get some fans - win some awards - dazzle some chicks and inspire another generation to respect this example of a groundbreaking marvel. If you're busy with other things - give the keys to someone you trust..... We'll buy the gas!

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

add a 2nd server based purely on community voted ideas, would bring new players/donators to uosa and would give older players a ever evolving shard to play.

I love uosa but so bored I haven't played for months, give it a year i'll be hooked again but it would be nice to have a place to play with factions/newer houses etc, without having to leave uosa for ''other'' servers

faber

Post by faber »

Derrick wrote:Some people will certainly become bored with UO and others will find new ways to entertain themselves. Reliance on administration to continuously change the game to provide old players some very temporary relief has been well demonstrated to fail. There are some aspects of mechanical accuracy that remain on the table and will likely be addressed in the future, but we have come a long way since shard open in terms of mechanical corrections and future changes are not expected to be drastic.

Amen. Small government ftw. ;)

xcaution210xx

Post by xcaution210xx »

I'll say this much... I specifically googled this shard because I missed UO but I hated the idea of Fellucca and Tramm.... and the whole ninja... necro... paladin..... crap going on that slowly ruined the game.... it just got dumber and dumber BUT I will say certain features I will miss and I know S2A has no intention of ever bringing it in.....

Granted from a standpoint of view I'd say why not do what UO was too stupid to do?? Implement the ideas that made the game better and continue to remove the impurities?? I personally think things like instead of cutting bandages individually it was good to have a bulk cutting.... or when bsmithing or whatever having a button to build what u built last instead of scrolling through 1 at a time.... (Pain in the ass when making shovels to mine btw).....

Hell even the making colored plants was cool and didn't take away from the game in my opinion...... Granted there is a bunch of other things game wise but the point of T2A is take it back before the game was ruined yes?? Well I'd say thats awesome but if you remove everything and only go back to what the original liked version was but removes all the addition likes features....... thats kinda partially right........

I'm a designer.... and when I work on new projects I realize real quick the failures I created and I listen to the feedback of my people and I scrollback MANY times but I always make sure to bring in the things that majority of people did like...... and YES i'm sure someone is going to tell me "Well use Razor then" but then you've obviously missed my point.....

ANYWAYS the person above me on the second shard.... perhaps his idea is perfect to implement my idea.... after all thats what "TEST SHARDS" were all about yes?? Problem is from the looks of it that T2A has been kind of abandoned by the staff..... hope thats not true cuz I just joined but still..... I played 99-2008 and left... n now i'm back :D
Chars:
Jenick, Ludwig, Mariposa, Rembrandt