damn. Tried the firmware?

Abbynormal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: 60k gold giveaway if you can help me fix my BS problem

Post by Abbynormal »

DRUSK, Try this:

http://www.techfleece.com/2011/03/10/ho ... onnection/

So the fact that you're having this problem on 2 different computers (wired and wifi), I would narrow down to either the router, or ISP connection. If you updated the routers firmware, then I would agree with previous posters on the new ISP, or put a boot in their asses to get your connection fixed.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Is there a phone in the house that does not have a DSL Filter attached to it? Satellite box? Answering machine?

If all the phones have filters, i'd check to see that your router is logging into the modem correctly and is in the right mode.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Whitley
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Whitley »

The most likely issue is that your wifi is flaking out somehow. Either someone nearby is on the same frequency, or you have a driver / hardware issue causing it to intermittently drop packets. Try another frequency on your router, or better yet, try another router. Then try another wifi card and/or computer and see if the problem follows the router or the card/computer.

If it's a Verizon issue, you're going to have to prove that to them.

The only way to do so is to run traceroutes of before, during, and after a disconnect which shows exactly where the packets are being lost. If you find that it's at one of their routers, send them the trace and they can probably fix it (though it will probably take several escalations and/or calls to get them to so).

It's entirely possible (even probable) the packets are being lost at an intermediate leg somewhere in the middle. Eventually routing protocols figure this out and cut out the bad leg, but that can take time if it even is the case.

Anyway, to run a traceroute, open up a command prompt and run:

tracert login.uosecondage.com

Cut and paste or take a screenshot of the output to have a known "good" trace. Then as soon as you lose conn, do it again and record the output again. Finally, as soon as it comes back, do a third one.

This will tell you whether the packets are begin lost, and if there is some kind of automatic reroute that is fixing it. If so, ask Verizon to make that reroute permanent and you're golden.

Hope this helps.

Whitley

DRUSK42

Post by DRUSK42 »

i can instantly connect back. its not my browser. i have tried new router and called verizon millions of times they did same routine .

Masakhan

Post by Masakhan »

My roommate and I used to have the same problem with our ISP. Call them EVERY TIME it disconnects, and start demanding a credit on your bill. This happened to us twice and the first time it was the "node" for our neighborhood (which was fixed that day,) and the second time it was a fitting that had gone bad (also fixed that day.) Just stay on them about, and always mention getting a credit on your bill for the downtime.

smit9352

Post by smit9352 »

I've told him like 20 times to call them have a line test ran then have them send someone out to actually check the signal loss coming into the house. Once they see that's either good/bad they can go further by diagnosing either the lines into the home or the lines in the home.

Since he's replaced his modem/router I'd feel comfortable ruling it out.
Derrick wrote:Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.
Kaivan wrote:I wasn't aware that popular opinion was more valued than accuracy.

Sadistik

Post by Sadistik »

tell your brother to stop unpluggin your shit behind your back? wheres my gold
Dyx, Your Local Housing Relocation Guild!
Here to sell you housing without the stiff prices!

Conquistador

Post by Conquistador »

I'd check for filters on anything plugged into a phone line. Otherwise, everytime the phone rings, it can disconnect you.

The oOo

Post by The oOo »

is this a Verizon MiFi router? [not Wifi...but MiFi...]

known issue with these types of routers...

TURN OFF ALL WiFi USING CELLPHONES/DEVICES & RE-TEST...

Have you upgraded the routers firmware as someone already suggested?

Perhaps you've seen this already? Old but...
http://www.tow.com/2010/04/30/verizon-m ... wifi-mode/

I haven't seen that you have tried the system with NO wifi connections...no doubt you've tried all the easily tested obvious stuff but....if you can disable the Wifi in the router and then test...this is the place to start...

Anyways...guts tellin me this is a WiFi/Hardware problem, not a computer/OPSys issue but pretty hard to diagnose online, not knowing everything that has been tested & eliminated.
oOOoOoo Ooo Oo OOoOoo oOo

Spell101

Post by Spell101 »

problem being.... you have min. bandwidth on your router. only thing thats going to solve that is adding more bandwidth to your connection buy paying more monthly.. so when you upgrade your plan they with give you a stronger single...

Cash out to Spell lol

p.s that outta help lil brother

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Also try system restore. I had similar issues system restored for like 3 months before the present day. It worke for me.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

RichIX
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RichIX »

Not sure if this has been mentioned but have you tried to change the WiFi Channel in the Router configuration settings?
All my Apple devices could not connect to my router until I changed the Channel on the Router...
GM Lockpicker at your Service

Tom

Post by Tom »

Why do people keep suggesting it is wifi interference, a problem with his wifi or his system. The problem exists on both a wired and wireless connection and he has used the PC experiencing the issue to another connection and the problem did not follow. This was stated a few posts up.

Bro since you replaced your access point the problem is either between your houses connection to the street and to the main line that runs to the hub or it has to do with a device running on your copper without a filter and degrading your signal. I've never owned DSL but I have personally had an issue like this on my cable that was caused on the drop outside of my house. When it got late and humidity increased moisture would accumulate in the line and the signal would get impeded because of it. They had to run me a new drop from the street to my house.

Verizon won't do shit unless you get some rare agent who decides to be useful and put a ticket into the field service instead of following scripting and call flow. So you need to start asking for credits every time it drops. Eventually they will own up to their shit service since their money is being impacted and actually look outside of your house equipment for the problem.