Where is everyone?

Topics related to Second Age
RaveGreen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Where is everyone?

Post by RaveGreen »

Francois424 wrote:50% PK ?

Umm... I better join a guild soon, and I hope I can farm without getting PKed every day or 2.
50% is just... way too much in my book. 10-20% tops would be Ideal.

But that's just me !
Really depends on playtime too. If you are playing during "prime time" I would guess it is a lot worse than off hours.

Yes, as okgoace says.. make that recall macro/hotkey. It will be your best friend.

Asha [C^V]
Varamyr [C^V]
Marwa [<<< ,EBK, >>>]

IRC:Brandon

Greenhell

Post by Greenhell »

okgoace wrote:
Greenhell wrote:
okgoace wrote:
Greenhell wrote:I like the shard overall, but one thing I'm not crazy about is the amount of character slots available. I think a big part of what your seeing is because of this. As long as you have a revenue stream you can make an alt to crank out anything you could want. This definitely takes away from a sense of community. There's simply less motivation to interact with other players because of this. The vendor aspect of the game suffers as well, since there's no real need to go to one. Except of course for regs, which are gathered with the cheesy afk resource gathering bs.

It's also very annoying to kill someone and have their red alts appear 2 seconds later, or have to fight one player controlling 3 alts at once all programmed to cross-heal or focus fire another person. Or people plant ghost alts to keep an area under constant surveillance, or hide a tracker alt where they are hunting. All of this takes so much away from the game. Personally I think the shard would be more fun and would have a greater sense of community involvement if we were all limited to one account with 5 toons.

Have never seen the bottom paragraph play out on this server. With razor, none of that is possible unless you manually are setting last targets on all clients.

I'm sure you've seen people's alts appear a second or two after you kill them, you've seen people ghosting hunting spots so their red can 'appear' at just the right time, and people hiding trackers while they hunt. I've personally fought one player simultaneously playing 3 toons in Destard on many occasions. I called him out on it but it didnt' matter because he no speekee egrish. Glad you haven't seen the last one it's very annoying. People also set up alt bots that trigger attacks on the word 'cross' when people get on the boats, hally bots to attack people who appear etc etc. You have never seen any of this behaviour tho ...
Only on UOGamers with Krrios Client. I know how it is possible, never seen it employed here. Screenshot your way to a believer.

Which part haven't you seen? I'm assuming the 3 players at once part, since everything else I mentioned is very common.

player 1

Post by player 1 »

One dude controlling 3 separate accounts out pking, would be impressive to see lmao. What were the char names?

Greenhell

Post by Greenhell »

player 1 wrote:One dude controlling 3 separate accounts out pking, would be impressive to see lmao. What were the char names?
Before my new job I was in Destard at lot at a certain time just about every day, and Uver and his alts UWU, UVVU, etc etc would all stream in after he failed his shit PK attempts solo.

Typically his 2 hally mages would run in with precast FS scrolls, dump at once, then one plants and macros target/last spells while the other chases you around trying to hally wack you. The third alt was hidden just off-screen, he'd run in and cross-heal if any of the alts got low. Easy enough to recall out of, and wouldn't do shit against a PvP build but very annoying when you have to deal with it every 30 seconds. And he's one of these guys that would try it for hours.

I've also used hidden stealth archer turrets to kill looters, my bard went perma-red doing it actually. Just tab into the archers, aquire with 'set last target' keybind, then hit macros with timed attack delays to simultaneously fire while the bard dumps spells. Similar to Wyrm bomb in some ways. Just takes some tabbing/timing. Lucky rolls help too ;)