best weapons - pvp and pvm

Topics related to Second Age
Scienter

Re: best weapons - pvp and pvm

Post by Scienter »

Halbu wrote:
Malaikat wrote:Name a situation that can't be improved by more explosions.
They are great for warriors all the time, but not mages.

People who spam explos on a mage instead of timing them with spells are morons. And yes I've met quite a few explo spammers, the only counter is to LOS it by running around a house or teleporting so it hits them instead. It never kills someone who knows what they're doing, too bad people have no clue how to time spells else they wouldn't need to pvp in such mediocre ways.

lol?

anways, silver weapons are good against undead creatures. steal someone's dragon or ww and gate it to elder gazers and keep it ghealed for a large profit.

for pvp halberd if you're a mage.
Thank you,

-Scienter
"The Great One"
FT$
PM me with reflect bracelets or charged halberds!
New Vent Info:
IP:uosa.puddleboy.com
port:4490
Need a channel? Fill out the information here: http://secondage.puddleboy.com

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

:| Why aren't explosion pots good for mages?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote::| Why aren't explosion pots good for mages?
I didn't say they weren't good, I just mean that mages shouldn't be spamming them like a dexer. Dexers need to carry tons of explos with them because melee isn't ranged like spells. Dexers also rely on 50% chance-to-hit so explo pots help them interrupt more and finish the kill because melee is limited in killing runners.

IMO the best way to use explo pots on mage is by throwing it during spell combos or single spells, but don't be obvious about it and do it the whole fight. Spamming them is only going to make your opponent off-screen or LOS, so why do it? And the lower their mana(from constant unnecessary healing) the more likely they are to off-screen or recall(I can hear the flames now :wink: ). Another reason to use them on mages is to finish a redlined opponent when they're off-screening. But if you use teleport rings vs runners well then you're more likely to get the kill, it takes practice and using up tons of charges before you get good though. So far I have been teleport-hally whacked only once by someone, not many are good at it = P

Explo pots are basically cheap when spammed in mage 1v1 because they drain mana yet don't cost mana and are unavoidable unless you off-screen or LOS. A mage fight would be over quicker and be more fun if mages would use more intelligent spell timing and choice instead of spamming everything and never having mana to even attempt a basic 1999 combo.

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

Malaikat wrote:Name a situation that can't be improved by more explosions.
in town and when your ally uses a tele ring and you hit & swing on him instead of the enemy.

Scienter

Post by Scienter »

Matty wrote:in town and when your ally uses a tele ring and you hit & swing on him instead of the enemy.
classic matty pvp, missing heals and swinging beast halberds on his teammates. tab out brah attack closest orange attack last combatant :)
Thank you,

-Scienter
"The Great One"
FT$
PM me with reflect bracelets or charged halberds!
New Vent Info:
IP:uosa.puddleboy.com
port:4490
Need a channel? Fill out the information here: http://secondage.puddleboy.com

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

best weps for dexer = katana, broad, war axe, kriss, fork, longspear.

your stam drains so fast while running that a qstaff can't be considered a good weapon anymore, as you won't swing it very fast due to the fact that everyone runs like a bitch from dexers & your stam being low from chasing.

best weps for tank mages = hally, charged bardich and i would even argue a charged viking sword, as they do huge dmg.

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

Scienter wrote:
Matty wrote:in town and when your ally uses a tele ring and you hit & swing on him instead of the enemy.
classic matty pvp, missing heals and swinging beast halberds on his teammates. tab out brah attack closest orange attack last combatant :)
not everyone can mimick this classic style of pvp.