Mobs are seeing me through walls and floors

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Mobs are seeing me through walls and floors

Post by Zorce »

Well if it is going to remain wrong atleast put limits on it. I dont think a mob seeing you through 6 walls much less one is realistic.
Also mobs on other floors should not see you through the floors.

Derrick

Re: Mobs are seeing me through walls and floors

Post by Derrick »

Zorce wrote:Well if it is going to remain wrong at least put limits on it. I don't think a mob seeing you through 6 walls much less one is realistic.
Also mobs on other floors should not see you through the floors.
There either has to be or not be a LOS check on acquire, everything that we've seen indicates there is a range, but no Line of Sight check. intensity of perception (i.e. how thick is the wall or how many) is not something that I can view as being probable; in fact not checking line of sight at all is a very simple mechanic and holds true to the general simplicity of the AI in this era.

I myself, was surprised when I first saw the many screenshots and reports which illustrate this, but my own recollection of this in era surfaced after seeing it, as well as others.

There is still quite a bit of work that does need to be done on AI; particularly related to this topic is how they follow you.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."