Trophy/Silver Turn-In System (DATED)

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Derrick

Re: Guide : Trophy Turn-In System

Post by Derrick »

Just for the record, you may not run 4 accounts. We may very well randomly ban one of them when discovered.

Magus

Post by Magus »

I always thought it would be awesome to have trophys drop on high end mobs like ogre lords / dragons / balrons at a very very low drop rate. or maybe even on lesser creatures at an even lower rate. It would be fun hunting always having the chance to get one.

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

Magus wrote:I always thought it would be awesome to have trophys drop on high end mobs like ogre lords / dragons / balrons at a very very low drop rate. or maybe even on lesser creatures at an even lower rate. It would be fun hunting always having the chance to get one.

this happens when there is a town invasion. you'll get 5 point trophies from the drops
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

How many stones do trophies weigh? And do they vary between trophy type?
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

Teknix wrote:
Flash Hardstar wrote:i've never seen a portable forge...

people had them on their boats and were very handy.

that being said, i doubt this would be obtainable thru the trophy system.

They were obtained via an exploit on OSI shards. As were any "rare" stuck inside a container.
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Bigoud »

yeah those forge would be nice

but not blessed so risky ^^
Yew Bank Mall
Everything you need is there ! Check it out on the link below !
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 859#p72859

Teph

Post by Teph »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
Safir wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:I am sure something could be done for crafters and such, but I feel that it would have to be much harder to obtain trophies in such a fashion as there is essentially no risk involved.
Where is the risk in participating in an event? If the risk involved is a factor for gettin' trophies, then let's abandon all suggestions anyway and encourage ppl to just stand hidden in a corner during events hopin' on that 50/50 chance of gettin' a trophy anyway... The worst thing that could happen? You get 500 gold for not caring.

I meant in comparison to my idea for trading fame for trophy points, and there is risk in that. At least that stimulates the whole player base. More people get out into the dungeons and play the game, or die, and more PK's can kill the players in the dungeons, and all of this equals more business for crafters. Unless you want everyone to be able to macro-mine ingots and pre-produce items for some crafting fiesta that equals free "rares" or trophy points. There is not a single play-type that this proposed system would not fairly accomodate, and you cant deny that. I never said that the "Events" were fair, or involved risk, I actually think the trophy system is kind of bullsh** even though I participate in the events and enjoy them.

The idea of BOD's is just a crutch in the economy. The problem with crafters here (and no I do not have one, well in the traditional sense) is that almost everyone else does. There is no "sitting around the forge", and a warrior of any type cannot go into town and find a blacksmith to make armor. Everything is done over the forums or at the moongate (or other) vendors. Crafting has no player interaction, and that is what made it a validly fun playstyle. You cannot honestly say that you just love sitting there in your house alone, repeatedly clicking through menu options.
fame for points? no way then all the gold hoarding dragon killing scum would be even more rich and reds would suffer more since our likelihood of being ganked is much higher than a blues nonononononoo NO

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

A more meaningful way to award players with trophys -
when we have the player run dungeon crawls and get 15 people out into the dungeon together (lots of risk we lose players, more real player interaction) Not all the time but somtimes, when staff feels its appropriate, they award some trophys to players.
I think it is a much more meaningful way of aquiring trophy points and makes the whole system feel 'better' to me than the risk free, out of the real t2a uo world, pvp event trophy rewards. Not that those events arent fun :D
Also the larger scale events such as the Biate event and such trophys are awarded and in the same vein as above it feels like the players are really getting out there and participating in the world to be awarded the prizes available in this turn in reward system. (Althought lots of people like to keep these and not turn them in unlike the usual ctf ones etc)
I feel these are better ways to award players than the pvp events or even crafting bod rewards.

edit: we have absolutly new players coming to these events and really enjoying themselves, plus they may get a trophy rewards that they probably would not be able to get in a pvp event(even if they did they would ruin the game for the developed players). We have even had crafters come along before recalling in/out helping people with equipment. I really hope the idea of the dungeon raid/team work continues to reach the right people.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Teph

Post by Teph »

BlackFoot wrote:A more meaningful way to award players with trophys -
when we have the player run dungeon crawls and get 15 people out into the dungeon together (lots of risk we lose players, more real player interaction) Not all the time but somtimes, when staff feels its appropriate, they award some trophys to players.
I think it is a much more meaningful way of aquiring trophy points and makes the whole system feel 'better' to me than the risk free, out of the real t2a uo world, pvp event trophy rewards. Not that those events arent fun :D
Also the larger scale events such as the Biate event and such trophys are awarded and in the same vein as above it feels like the players are really getting out there and participating in the world to be awarded the prizes available in this turn in reward system. (Althought lots of people like to keep these and not turn them in unlike the usual ctf ones etc)
I feel these are better ways to award players than the pvp events or even crafting bod rewards.

edit: we have absolutly new players coming to these events and really enjoying themselves, plus they may get a trophy rewards that they probably would not be able to get in a pvp event(even if they did they would ruin the game for the developed players). We have even had crafters come along before recalling in/out helping people with equipment. I really hope the idea of the dungeon raid/team work continues to reach the right people.
i agree with the idea that trophies shouldnt be given risk free, but there are pvp events that are held in the real uo lets not forget them

Kaddbar

Post by Kaddbar »

Well, having read through 115 posts or w/e, I have noticed several things.

1: Trophies should not be given out to people that can obtain them through macroing.
2: PvP should not be the only way to earn trophies, which it currently is not.
3: Player interaction seems to be important to the majority of people.
4: Solo players have a zero chance at trophies except through purchase from PvP players.
5: Item charges are limited to create rarity. Get over it! =D
6: Turn in vendor suggested by many, denied by none.

So, suggestions:

1:Addressing the PvP Issue:
More non-PvP participation events should be held.
This weeks schedule includes 16 PvP events, and ZERO PvM events.
The reason this is an issue is because some people have PvP skills, and some do not. Many do not, in fact. ;)
There needs to be a half and half on the PvP and PvM events. I have yet to attend a PvM event because there has not been one held at a time I can participate yet. Unfair? Yes.

For those of you who have been griping about farming for Trophies. PvPers get together and farm YOU for trophies, noobs. Stop using farming as a reason trophies should not be available outside PvP. On that note, this is why CTF for noobs is useless, because one team dominates all the time, and the other teams don't stand even half a chance because half their players are inactive.

2: Player interaction:
Comments:
Hard for crafters
Fun for PvM but less benefits because of loot splitting.
Fun for PvP, period.

Suggestion:
Trophies would create a bonus to PvMing in groups.
I do not have a great solution for crafters aside from BODs. I thought those were a great addition to UO when they arrived as it allowed me to actually do something useful on my crafter. I am not sure BODs are the answer here, at least not in the same form. However something should be done so crafters can participate in attaining their own trophies, not just buying them.

3: Solo players
Comments: Some people have busy lives. College, Spouses, Children, in addition to jobs. It is often hard, myself being in a situation with ALL of them, to find large blocks of time to play. I spend maybe 30 minutes online at a time, except for skill building via macros.

Solo playing is almost the ONLY option for me. The time it takes to see if someone is online, say hi, ask if they wanna do something, meet, go to the doing is HALF of my normal playtime. Then there is 15 minutes left, we kill a couple people or make like 5k gold (which would have been 10k solo) and game over. I don't enjoy spending half of my time trying to get together with someone.

Solution:
Unknown. This is why I do not really care for the trophies system over the account age system. I do get to play almost daily and participate a little in UOSA's community. (I use vendors and help people when I get a chance.) The only solutions to this I can think of are to have a fame turn-in, rare drop off mobs, or BODs.

The argument people will make: He plays less so he shouldn't get as much. While this is true, that doesn't mean that I shouldn't have a shot at the same quality they experience. They just get more of it.

4: Turn-in vendor
Seems like this is a good idea. Placement should be in guards, thieves will still have access as long as they do not get caught. There are ways to avoid thieves, and players with 200 points should know them. Weight requirements are a problem, and I'm unsure how to overcome that except to reduce the weight and increase thieving.

Additional suggestions:
****Materials rewards. I.e. Bulk ingots, wood, feathers, cloth, etc. Unsure of quantities an point value for rewarding. Obviously the more rare, the more points. The high quantity, the more points.

Perhaps 1k Ingot for 1 point? It takes about 45 minutes to mine 1k ingots if I remember right, and a CTF last what, 20?

Colored ingots should increase in price, perhaps 1 point per color through agapite, and a stiffer increase for Verite and Valorite.

I.E. 50 points per 1000 verite, 100 points per 1000 Valorite (Perhaps too high? I'm not sure.)

Well, my ideas are sort of garbled in my head now, so I will add more later when I think of them. Hope this is a good summary and generates some response by both players and by you Derrick! Thanks for everyone's attention and constructive criticism and support.

alatar

Post by alatar »

I've been gone for quite some time, so im curious as to if any of the Turn-In rewards have changed and/or been removed..

Obviously, the black sandals shouldn't be on the list as they are now spawning on NPC's.. If there is an updated list somewhere, I was unable to find it..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Black sandals or any other dye color are still available for the same cost.
The list at the head of this topic will always be The list.
I just reduced the trophy cost of some of the 150 and 100 pt rewards which have never been traded for, assuming that it's because the cost was too high. The Mini-Monsters and Singing Crystal Ball are now 100. There is a new 75 pt category which contains some of the items that were previously 100pts.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

dog1706
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Guide to Trophies and what to do with them

Post by dog1706 »

Derrick wrote:I will probably set up some sort of display of items for those who qualify, especially for the "unique" items since there will be only one of each of those. For the most part you should be able to find images of most of the items on stratics or other UO Rares websites, even searching "UO <item name>" in google should yield good results.

I'm kinda confused unique rare--200 points

So you have to have 200 points, is there something additional that makes you qualify? 200 points is hard enough. What makes you qualify?

dog1706
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dog1706 »

Kaddbar wrote:Well, having read through 115 posts or w/e, I have noticed several things.

1: Trophies should not be given out to people that can obtain them through macroing.
2: PvP should not be the only way to earn trophies, which it currently is not.
3: Player interaction seems to be important to the majority of people.
4: Solo players have a zero chance at trophies except through purchase from PvP players.
5: Item charges are limited to create rarity. Get over it! =D
6: Turn in vendor suggested by many, denied by none.

So, suggestions:

1:Addressing the PvP Issue:
More non-PvP participation events should be held.
This weeks schedule includes 16 PvP events, and ZERO PvM events.
The reason this is an issue is because some people have PvP skills, and some do not. Many do not, in fact. ;)
There needs to be a half and half on the PvP and PvM events. I have yet to attend a PvM event because there has not been one held at a time I can participate yet. Unfair? Yes.

For those of you who have been griping about farming for Trophies. PvPers get together and farm YOU for trophies, noobs. Stop using farming as a reason trophies should not be available outside PvP. On that note, this is why CTF for noobs is useless, because one team dominates all the time, and the other teams don't stand even half a chance because half their players are inactive.

2: Player interaction:
Comments:
Hard for crafters
Fun for PvM but less benefits because of loot splitting.
Fun for PvP, period.

Suggestion:
Trophies would create a bonus to PvMing in groups.
I do not have a great solution for crafters aside from BODs. I thought those were a great addition to UO when they arrived as it allowed me to actually do something useful on my crafter. I am not sure BODs are the answer here, at least not in the same form. However something should be done so crafters can participate in attaining their own trophies, not just buying them.

3: Solo players
Comments: Some people have busy lives. College, Spouses, Children, in addition to jobs. It is often hard, myself being in a situation with ALL of them, to find large blocks of time to play. I spend maybe 30 minutes online at a time, except for skill building via macros.

Solo playing is almost the ONLY option for me. The time it takes to see if someone is online, say hi, ask if they wanna do something, meet, go to the doing is HALF of my normal playtime. Then there is 15 minutes left, we kill a couple people or make like 5k gold (which would have been 10k solo) and game over. I don't enjoy spending half of my time trying to get together with someone.

Solution:
Unknown. This is why I do not really care for the trophies system over the account age system. I do get to play almost daily and participate a little in UOSA's community. (I use vendors and help people when I get a chance.) The only solutions to this I can think of are to have a fame turn-in, rare drop off mobs, or BODs.

The argument people will make: He plays less so he shouldn't get as much. While this is true, that doesn't mean that I shouldn't have a shot at the same quality they experience. They just get more of it.

4: Turn-in vendor
Seems like this is a good idea. Placement should be in guards, thieves will still have access as long as they do not get caught. There are ways to avoid thieves, and players with 200 points should know them. Weight requirements are a problem, and I'm unsure how to overcome that except to reduce the weight and increase thieving.

Additional suggestions:
****Materials rewards. I.e. Bulk ingots, wood, feathers, cloth, etc. Unsure of quantities an point value for rewarding. Obviously the more rare, the more points. The high quantity, the more points.

Perhaps 1k Ingot for 1 point? It takes about 45 minutes to mine 1k ingots if I remember right, and a CTF last what, 20?

Colored ingots should increase in price, perhaps 1 point per color through agapite, and a stiffer increase for Verite and Valorite.

I.E. 50 points per 1000 verite, 100 points per 1000 Valorite (Perhaps too high? I'm not sure.)

Well, my ideas are sort of garbled in my head now, so I will add more later when I think of them. Hope this is a good summary and generates some response by both players and by you Derrick! Thanks for everyone's attention and constructive criticism and support.

not that agree with everything he said but I am also a solo player for the most part. Entering a pvp event is useless for me considering a guild always dominates. and the times I play usually around 1 a.m. due to work and other responsibilities makes it difficult to find a guild to connect with. not that I havent tried, just seems that most people dont play the times I do, many more clients macroing at 1 am than people actually playing.

And i am at work when most events go on, so they are kinda useless for me.
So the only way I have to obtain trophy points is through purchasse via people who have greater time than I. If it comes down to it, I can buy them from other players. But would be nice for a different way to obtain them.

I think trading in ingots would be way to easy, since some people have AFK macros and they would be turning in thousands of ingots per day with minimal effort.

virtue

Post by virtue »

I say we remove ALL neon items(sandals).

Instead of having neon sandals, let's have "special dye tub colored" sandals. For instance, you will then be able to choose green/blue sandals of the 'special dyed" type.

The problem with regular dye tubs is it has neon hues that look too UO:Rish with sandals.

This simply doesn't belong on PRE UOR shards.

Black sandals is fine, neon hair...sure whatever. It was around.

Special dye tub masks....meh okay. As long as it's not neon.

Just my feedback.

Return to “Guides”