running in place

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
fuz

running in place

Post by fuz »

I don't know if anyone else has this problem.

While i am running my character will freeze in place, but keep running and suddenly jump to where he should be as if he never got stuck. Its worse when fighting because it only seems to reset if I run far enough away from the area in which i "supposedly" am running in place at. the weird thing is that all other characters are correctly placed and move about, and if i try to move and fight them, he will stay put, but start swinging if my "actual" position is next to the bad guy. And i know this happens because while my character runs in place, the razor map is still moving.

It happens frequently, not all the time. Nonetheless, it is still really annoying in fights. :(

Watabou

Re: running in place

Post by Watabou »

i think i know what you're talking about, go into your razor hotkeys and make a hotkey for resynchronize client (should be under the misc. section)

fuz

Post by fuz »

thanks, but it only helps reset the screen. im looking for a solution to the problem itself

bluntman

Post by bluntman »

ya this happended to me the first time today, just logout n log back in... idk a permanent solution

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I have this issue as well. It hits me on my character when he is located inside my newly-placed tower. Then when I recall away, the issue still follows that character. Other accounts open are not impacted. Additionally, when I log out and log back in with that same character, the issue still follows me.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

fuz wrote:I don't know if anyone else has this problem.

While i am running my character will freeze in place, but keep running and suddenly jump to where he should be as if he never got stuck. Its worse when fighting because it only seems to reset if I run far enough away from the area in which i "supposedly" am running in place at. the weird thing is that all other characters are correctly placed and move about, and if i try to move and fight them, he will stay put, but start swinging if my "actual" position is next to the bad guy. And i know this happens because while my character runs in place, the razor map is still moving.

It happens frequently, not all the time. Nonetheless, it is still really annoying in fights. :(
This happens after using a razor macro that involves movement, do you use these? Will need to restart client.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

AHHH! That is it!

I made a macro that unlocks a table, picks it up, moves past it, and drops it down to lock it again.

I guess I can remove the movement aspect of the macro and just insert a pause and move manually.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Mikel123 wrote:AHHH! That is it!

I made a macro that unlocks a table, picks it up, moves past it, and drops it down to lock it again.

I guess I can remove the movement aspect of the macro and just insert a pause and move manually.
i have one of those:

i wish to release this (table)
move table to relative location 0,0,0
i wish to lock this down (table)

just use it twice, first time will move it under you, next time will lock it down in place..works well

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat