MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Problem with Bones and Bodies

Post by MatronDeWinter »

REPORTED ISSUE:
Problem with Bones and Bodies

ISSUE DETAILS:
When cut up, bodies begin to decay more rapidly than they should.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS:
N/A

STEPS TO RECREATE:
I paged a GM thinking my body got lost under a house add-on, but now I know that it decayed prematurely, along with all the items on it.

I killed 2 people at the same time, cut one up, and then waited. The cut body disapeared way before it should have, I imagine this is due to the server thinking the "cutting" process is the same as the "decay to bones" process.

Once a body decays into bones it becomes lootable, this leads be to believe that you can cut-up and then loot a body, suffering no noteriety penalty, but I have not tested this "exploit". When a body is cut up, it should still remain blue (if blue) and unlootable/nondecaying until the normal timer runs out, in which case it turns into "grey bones" that are supposed to decay at a rapid rate.

EXPECTED RESULTS:
Cut bodies should leave a skeleton that keeps the same timer and noteriety as an uncut body, and decay in a similar fashion.

DATE REPORTED:
July 22, 2009

Open

DATE STATUS CHANGED:

Derrick

Re: Problem with Bones and Bodies

Post by Derrick »

Oops, this didn't make it to the patch notes:

This was linked on Hemps Unofficial To-Do list, but was taken off.

Here's the source thread:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8719

Here's the Stratics Source:
Stratics: Decay wrote: Cut up Player Corpse: 90 seconds

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Could this possibly be checked via the demo? I believe that the stratics listing of 90 seconds should refer to the parts themselves and not the skeletal remains. I don't have xp to use the demo.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Could this possibly be checked via the demo? I believe that the stratics listing of 90 seconds should refer to the parts themselves and not the skeletal remains. I don't have xp to use the demo.
I run the demo under Vista. Will verify.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

Ack! I inadvertently cut my body up on a ship and it was gone before I could get anything! I was like WTF?! Now I see why.. does not seem right. I don't know about the whole verifying of when something was changed, but the link to the archive of stratics in the link that Derrick put to the forum thread blah blah blah says player bones are 7 minutes.

-- Edit, my cut up body parts are still on my boat, more than an hour after being cut up there.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Dagon wrote:Ack! I inadvertently cut my body up on a ship and it was gone before I could get anything! I was like WTF?! Now I see why.. does not seem right. I don't know about the whole verifying of when something was changed, but the link to the archive of stratics in the link that Derrick put to the forum thread blah blah blah says player bones are 7 minutes.

-- Edit, my cut up body parts are still on my boat, more than an hour after being cut up there.
Nothing decays on a boat except corpses.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

MatronDeWinter wrote:... I believe that the stratics listing of 90 seconds should refer to the parts themselves and not the skeletal remains. ....
I believe you are correct. The bodies decay fast but not the bones.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I was able to loot a blue after cutting him up ftr
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?t ... atch_Notes
4/13/98 patch....
One patch says if you return the head of a killer who has a bounty on him it will kill the Murderer instantly...earlier patch
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

I just did it again, accidentally cut my body up while trying to loot and kill a serp and stay alive at the same time. Lost everything. What's the damn problem? The notes clearly say player bones are 7 minutes. FIX IT!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

We're reverting this until we can be more clear on this. This was posted in an accuracy thread some time ago, and there was little comment on it.

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”