Parry

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
OC2000

Parry

Post by OC2000 »

I am training parry from 0 - 100 using many animal stacked on one tile holding a weapon I am GM in. I find that the more parry skill I get the more damage I receive over time as now as I am being checked for parry a miss or ahit. I take it parrying causes slight dmg, so in effect parry actually causes more dmg than without. Also with 0 parry my Shield didnt break for 20 mins. Now they are breaking after 4 minutes which suggests i am being hit a lot more now with higher parry than i was with 0 parry

Maybe I am wrong, but I find my dmg is going down a lot faster now whilst fighting lots of stacked animals.

My theory is a parry check is done wither I am hit or if the mob misses. which means if the mob misses and a parry check is done I receive parry dmg instead of a miss of 0 dmg. A parry check should only be done if the mob hits me
Last edited by OC2000 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Derrick

Re: Parry

Post by Derrick »

Those animals may be gaining skill.

The parry only has the effect of reducing damage if the damage is parried. The remainder of the damage still falls against your armor for the regular calculation. The shield does not replace armor is only intercepts and adjusts the hit which otherwise continues though after damage adjustment.

OC2000

Post by OC2000 »

Do sheep gain in skill?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

OC2000 wrote:Do sheep gain in skill?
Aye, all creautres gain skill. Sheep will gain fast, they start off pretty low.

OC2000

Post by OC2000 »

Theres definetely something wrong.

Without a shield i can stand there all day with 20 sheep hitting me.

As soon as i put a shield on with 94 parry my health shoots down

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

can we run this in debug mode on test?

Also, I had trouble finding protection charms on test so if we do test this out, please add a few protection charms for use.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Derrick wrote:
OC2000 wrote:Do sheep gain in skill?
Aye, all creautres gain skill. Sheep will gain fast, they start off pretty low.
Dude this is awesome....
besides dragons and such...I want a killer sheep lol
Or maybe train a Killer monster then entice it somewhere ooooo!
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

OC2000 wrote:Theres definetely something wrong.

Without a shield i can stand there all day with 20 sheep hitting me.

As soon as i put a shield on with 94 parry my health shoots down
I haven't been able to reproduce this in any form. The parry is not really going to effect much a damage reduction in hordes of sheep, since they only hit for one hp anyway. Parry does not dodge a blow completely, it only reduces damage.
Kraarug wrote:can we run this in debug mode on test?

Also, I had trouble finding protection charms on test so if we do test this out, please add a few protection charms for use.
We can. Anyone wishing to see the damages on test, please attempt to contact me in IRC when you are on test.

Chloe
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chloe »

A possible explination as to why shields break faster at higher parry skill is because you are parrying more. In other words, at low skill, you aren't blocking many hits, so your shield is not taking any damage. At higher skill, your shield is blocking much more damage, therefor, taking much more damage. Taking more damage means it's breaking faster.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Chloe wrote:A possible explination as to why shields break faster at higher parry skill is because you are parrying more. In other words, at low skill, you aren't blocking many hits, so your shield is not taking any damage. At higher skill, your shield is blocking much more damage, therefor, taking much more damage. Taking more damage means it's breaking faster.
Aye. This is certainly the case, I missed this portion of the original post

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Derrick wrote:
Chloe wrote:A possible explination as to why shields break faster at higher parry skill is because you are parrying more. In other words, at low skill, you aren't blocking many hits, so your shield is not taking any damage. At higher skill, your shield is blocking much more damage, therefor, taking much more damage. Taking more damage means it's breaking faster.
Aye. This is certainly the case, I missed this portion of the original post
Conversely, one's armor should last longer as the damage is spread over the armor and shield.

OC2000

Post by OC2000 »

Im not convinced. In T2A with my GM Parry i could stand one on one with anything none magical. GM Parry here is unoticable, fighting an orc can leave me at 1/2 life. I seriously think something needs to be done with parry, its definetely not era correct.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Maybe you should demonstrate it either live or on a vid.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”