Stable Masters:

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Stable Masters:

Post by Kraarug »

Faust wrote:No, you simply offered a possible solution no differently than my own not an absolute resolve. It will not be resolved unless you find an article that specifically states it or a picture of a player run stable master with an invulnerable tag without a yellow hued name. We will simply have to wait until Kefka makes a reply with the possible resolve unless someone does before him.
I'm sorry Faust but you don't control this argument.

I think that taken fact by fact and using logic I've clearly made an unbiased and reasoned case.

You, my friend, have not. You have failed to show or link any difference between NPC Stablemaster in or out of town and offer no real or logical reason why there appears to have been two populations of Stablemasters.

You are dripping with ulterior motives and not comprehending the data in front of you. I've seen this in your MO before and am no surprised.

My case, when weighed out, is the superior one IF a change is to come.

Derrick can choose to keep it the way it is however, should a change be in order, it's clear that stablemasters, when murdered, should be replaced with Invulnerable ones.

If I was a tamer, I would remove all my pets right before server downtime when this change comes into effect, then kill the stablemaster when the sever comes up and place my pets with in invulnerable NPC when it respawns.

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

If player ran vendors did indeed have the [invulnerable] tag (which I dont remember), then I wont post the information till I find out more.

However, to reiterate the buried information.

Sept 1999
http://www.uo.com/cgi-bin/newstools.pl?Article=979
Stablemasters are now [invulnerable].
T2A patch notes stating that STABLEMASTERS were made invulnerable. It does not say in town stablemasters, it says stablemastes, which means ALL stablemasters. Your patch notes from Oct 2000, which mentions stablemastes dying, is over a year later, it's not T2A and a lot could have changed from Sept 99 to Oct 2000, some of which may not have been documented.

When the notes state something, such as "stablemasters", it means ALL. It doesnt mean "in town". Just like, when the patch notes state "players can no longer...." It doesnt mean SOME players, it means ALL. It doesn't mean "in town players", it means ALL. It doesnt mean "murderers", it means ALL, it doesn't mean "flagged grey players" it means ALL.

This note clearly states that ALL stablemasters were made invulnerable. There is zero assumption made with this statement. Your interpretation of the Oct 2000 notes is based off of assumption.

No assumption > assumption. Make them invulnerable.

[00:43] <Hemperor> i like turtles

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Kefka wrote:
Sept 1999
http://www.uo.com/cgi-bin/newstools.pl?Article=979
Stablemasters are now [invulnerable].
When the notes state something, such as "stablemasters", it means ALL. It doesnt mean "in town". Just like, when the patch notes state "players can no longer...." It doesnt mean SOME players, it means ALL. It doesn't mean "in town players", it means ALL. It doesnt mean "murderers", it means ALL, it doesn't mean "flagged grey players" it means ALL.
Seems reasonable to me

Faust

Post by Faust »

Again, Kraarug your post is simply an assumption no matter how much you want to believe it isn't. It is no different than my own assumption or claim on the matter. Until it's proven with some evidence it will remain that way in reality.

Also, here is a picture from the '99 time period from the Chessy screenshot archive that both Derrick and I have showing a player run vendor outside with the blue hued invulnerable name tag.

I wish we could find concrete evidence to support this claim one way or the other.

I would personally make them invulnerable until proven other wise regardless of the matter though.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Slow down kefka, as stated before some people can't even think of a single stablemaster out of town...they weren't part of the "patch notes"..there was no reason to discuss them. The ones that were out of town were GM placed, assuming they existed.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

http://web.archive.org/web/200010041503 ... index.html

Select Fogwood Village Stable[F]

Nov 21 98....bingo bango?
?

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Well there you go, terrific find.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Well, this about seals the deal right?

http://web.archive.org/web/200011011601 ... able.shtml

Faust

Post by Faust »

Caswallon wrote:http://web.archive.org/web/200010041503 ... index.html

Thank you, Caswallon this topic can officially be over for now unless new information is produced. I still wish we could verify how stable masters were still dying in October '00. However, that probably will remain a mystery forever.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Faust wrote:
Caswallon wrote:http://web.archive.org/web/200010041503 ... index.html

Thank you, Caswallon this topic can officially be over for now unless new information is produced. I still wish we could verify how stable masters were still dying in October '00. However, that probably will remain a mystery forever.
It still seems clear that there were not stable masters on every shard, and certainly not more than one per (yet to be proven), so I really think how you achieve a stable master should be revised and not simply based on:

place a lot of houses in an area

Faust

Post by Faust »

I think this kind of issue falls into the line of discretion among the staff here kind of like the rule set policies such as macroing on OSI shards. We very well know macroing penalties were very strict on some servers compared to others being based on the staff that enforced the rules on each server. I think this falls in line as a policy decision among the staff here just like it would have been on OSI shards. I'm only referring to the placement of the stable masters too. Not the issue with them being invulnerable.

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

The thing is when the lockdown housing system came into play major blessings drop off considerably [according to stratics] as people could now decorate freely without fear of griefers looting the place dry. Hence less GM involvement, therefore less chance of any one town actually receiving a stable master no?

I can quite clearly recall only 1 blessing on europa from 2000 UO:R till quiting in early 2001, because i emailed OSI as the tavern that received the blessing didnt earn it at all, didnt even run a single event![And had about 4 trees growing through the place, probably the most illegally placed building on europa bar none]

Still true that they were very very very uncommon though, if you navigate through all the shards on that link, i could not find a single other stable master anywhere, it does not mean there were none of course, but it would have been a big thing to have a stable master, and you would imagine it would be heralded proudly by the receipiants.
?

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

It does appear that almost every OSI shard had a town with stablemasters in it.

I Played atlantic before T2A, and for all of T2A, and i never noticed the town/stablemaster in the screenshot above. That shows you that there were MANY things out there that us players didnt know about. Nobody knew everything.

In the 30 minutes that I searched the web the other night, I found references to 3 other shards that had stablemasters, and that didn't include great lakes, where most players are 100% sure that they recall a stablemaster there.

again, just because you dont remember it, doesn't mean it didn't exist. it was a large world for us t2a newbies to explore.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Kefka wrote:It does appear that almost every OSI shard had a town with stablemasters in it.

I Played atlantic before T2A, and for all of T2A, and i never noticed the town/stablemaster in the screenshot above. That shows you that there were MANY things out there that us players didnt know about. Nobody knew everything.

In the 30 minutes that I searched the web the other night, I found references to 3 other shards that had stablemasters, and that didn't include great lakes, where most players are 100% sure that they recall a stablemaster there.

again, just because you dont remember it, doesn't mean it didn't exist. it was a large world for us t2a newbies to explore.
You have been asked to post your sources numerous times now, try not to waste any further bandwidth until doing so.

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

BAJA
http://www.uo.com/spot_49.html
Roleplaying Passage from uo.com about the town of Avalon on Baja, notice the mention of a stablemaster.
Agnes and Tonya excused themselves, going inside the tower. They passed relics of yesterday, the stablemaster’s quarters in the back room, and the brewery in the stairwell. They climbed the stairs past the Ministers’ Chamber and the hunting lodge until they reached the top.
http://www.avaloncity.org/
http://www.avaloncity.org/region/townhall/index.shtml
Avalon's Official website
On this website, you'll find the stablemaster mentioned multiple times.
An official Town Cryer diligently stands outside the front doors of the Town Hall, and within a Stablemaster is similarly posted awaiting your tamed animals.
http://www.uo.com/spot_36.html
NAPA
Grimoire Player town
While the article is out of date, if you actually READ it, the stablemater portion is mentioned during the timeframe of 1999.
Lady Seer Aria blessed the city with a Stable Master
Atlantic is mentioned above.
Most people know about the one on GL, including Kavian, who actually remembers it being invulnerable.

Search UO.com yourself, you'll find many, many other references to player stablemasters.
Hemp, you haven't contributed a single thing to this thread, other than your opinion. Opinions/assumptions don't matter, so stop wasting the thread's bandwidth.

This topic is over. It's evident that stablemasters existed on most shards, and they were invulnerable. I told you to be careful of what you asked for. Derrick has already acknowledged this, and while the change won't come anytime soon, it will eventually come.