Paralyze on a mage while casting

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Kaddbar

Paralyze on a mage while casting

Post by Kaddbar »

I cast paralyze on a mage who was casting a spell, and recieved "that person is already frozen" message. This is being he was casting a spell.. however my spell therefore failed, and was consequently PK'd due to being down a spell. =\

Bug or the way it is?

Derrick

Re: Paralyze on a mage while casting

Post by Derrick »

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Derrick,

There is something odd about this. It didn't strike me that it worked this way on 1999 OSI.

I am wondering if, instead of cancelling the target curser, if it just wouldn't let you target?

Otherwise, the current mechanic leads to a possible 'pouchless' tactic.

Kaddbar

Post by Kaddbar »

Prolly should have searched that, my apologies. Thanks =)

Faust

Post by Faust »

I'm pretty positive that it consumed mana and reagents with absolutely no effect just like trying to stack two explosion spells on top of each other... At least that is how I remember it working. This could easily be tested on the demo though...

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Kraarug wrote: There is something odd about this. It didn't strike me that it worked this way on 1999 OSI.
I am wondering if, instead of cancelling the target curser, if it just wouldn't let you target?

Otherwise, the current mechanic leads to a possible 'pouchless' tactic.
If you can find any info let me know. I myself don't have any specific memories of this, but the message does exist from early in the game.

Resending targets on failure is not something that is in line with any other era mechanic; the only time targets would persist after targeting is if the client disallowed the target based on the target information it received from the server, for example not allowing a "land target". For the server to "resend" a target request based on a server side conditional failure would not be something I've seen, mechanicly, in any other form.

The result of a feature such as this for example would be to simply hold down your last target key until the person became unfrozen, something that it seems to me people would remember doing.

Not sure what you mean by pouchless tactic.

If this is to be discussed further though it should probably continue in "Suggestions and Accuracy" as a new thread, or bring one of the other threads cited above back to life.

Naljier

Post by Naljier »

i believe that it was this way originally then was changed at some point.. dont remember when tho

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

its accurate. it doesnt lead to 'pouchless' tactics because all the person casting para would have to do is hold his target up until you were done casting. so you obviously still need trap pouches to avoid this

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

I just don't remeber having someone sit there and chain cast Magic Trap, reloading their pouches, and being immune to being paralyse when they are doing it.

It just seems to me that tactic, if it was possible on OSI, would have been employed a lot more. At least on Chessy where the PvP was pretty good.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I used that tactic on many occassions Kraarug...

I would use a trap bust and instant cast/retrap macro giving me complete control over that situation. If the second person tried to target you with the para after busting he would waste his mana since the macro would instantly begin casting magic trap.

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”