Character's skill-based titles

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
brandonsantacruz

Character's skill-based titles

Post by brandonsantacruz »

I think that the title reflected on a character's paperdoll isn't accurate to T2A or any other time when I played UO. It used to be that whatever the first GM you earned was the title that stuck, not whatever you GMed last. I recently got the title GM Scout, only to have the title erased when I GMed anatomy, something I was intentionally delaying. Is there a way to deal with this, or is my memory just faulty?

Brandon

EDIT: It may be that whichever title comes first alphabetically is displayed first right now

Derrick

Re: Character's skill-based titles

Post by Derrick »

brandonsantacruz wrote:I think that the title reflected on a character's paperdoll isn't accurate to T2A or any other time when I played UO. It used to be that whatever the first GM you earned was the title that stuck, not whatever you GMed last. I recently got the title GM Scout, only to have the title erased when I GMed anatomy, something I was intentionally delaying. Is there a way to deal with this, or is my memory just faulty?

Brandon

EDIT: It may be that whichever title comes first alphabetically is displayed first right now
My T2A memory is that the title displayed was the way we have it here. One of the changes we have on the back burner is to allow people to set their title by the use of skill locks.

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

that would be quite nice

brandonsantacruz

Post by brandonsantacruz »

Sorry that isn't accurate, you can't put it in. That would go against everything this shard stands for according to you.
Dude, calm down. The reason you are even able to play on this shard is that he runs it, so give him a break. There's a balance to be struck between being t2A accurate and being modernized; it won't always go your way.

BloodyBandage

Post by BloodyBandage »

I think that is a really cool feature Derrick. We all get a little passionate sometimes...don't become a martyr for no reason guys...save that bs for the assholes that run the other shards.

Sauron

Post by Sauron »

Memory is for stoners. Quoted refference or nothing. If it were up to me i'd make the title for a 90.0 fisherman "Master Baiter"

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

Sauron wrote:Memory is for stoners. Quoted refference or nothing. If it were up to me i'd make the title for a 90.0 fisherman "Master Baiter"
lol

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

it wasnt your first title that stuck. Just for some reason some overroad others. Like gm eval over rides gm med and magery. So your title isnt gm mage or stoic it becomes scholar if you gm eval