need a price check

Not sure what a certain item is worth? Post a price check here!

Moderator: Trade Moderators

sask

need a price check

Post by sask »

Need to know the price on colored ingots how much they are worth i got a bunch of shadow dull copper copper bronze and agpaite and verite.

Teph

Re: need a price check

Post by Teph »

hard to say, i doubt you could sell them for much more than the uncolored ones since theres no real benefit to using them other than pretty colors

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: need a price check

Post by Daolin »

You can actually sell them for more than iron no problem. Although, you can't expect to mark them up for double or more. Like all prices, it depends on how long you want to wait before a sale. Wait longer, and your prices can be higher. If you sell on a vendor, you don't want to wait too long because your profit starts to fade away with operation costs. I usually sell out almost instantly with these prices:

Iron: 7gp
Copper: 7gp
Shadow: 8gp
Bronze: 8gp
Gold: 10gp
Agapite: 10gp
Verite: 10gp

I use dull copper for shovels and I very rarely find valorite, and thus do not sell it. I could probably boost the colored ingot prices, but I like the idea of keeping colored armor within a reasonably affordable range.

Actually, lets look at the math here. There should be a bare minimum price based on smelting rates at least:

* Copper and shadow are 100% at GM, so I would keep their prices the same.
* 90% smelt on Bronze, so I would actually consider 9gp per. (8.1 gp per if it was 100% smelt)
* 80% smelt on Gold, so I would actually consider 11gp. (8.8 gp per if it was 100% smelt)
* 70% smelt on Agapite, so I would actually consider 13gp. (9.1 gp per if it was 100% smelt)
* 60% smelt on Verite, so I would actually consider 16gp. (9.6 gp per if it was 100% smelt)
* 52% smelt on Valorite, so I would actually consider 19gp (9.8 gp per if it was 100% smelt)

However, the market depends on what people would want to pay. I've never sold colored ingots except on my vendor. I've never ever seen someone actually looking for it.

Return to “Price Check”