Earthquake Radius

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Cutpurse

Earthquake Radius

Post by Cutpurse »

I just had a guy hit me from outside my house with EQ. I was standing dead center (by the interior corner) of a large brick 3-room. That's a bit much.

Faust

Re: Earthquake Radius

Post by Faust »

Earthquake deals damage based on your current hitpoints being divided by two. The range of the spell from its epicenter is around 10-15 tiles. I am not a hundred percent sure if it's based on the max spell range of 10 tiles or if it extends a little further. I seem to recall it extending a little further from my memory.

This spell is entirely different from the rest of the AOE spells that have a range of 3 tiles from its epicenter but Earthquake can't kill you.

Daltrey

Post by Daltrey »

Wait, this is news to me. EQ always cuts your hitpoints in half? Can't it be resisted? Or are you saying that's the damage before resistance is calculated?

Faust

Post by Faust »

I am pretty sure that the spell can be resisted but not by a hundred percent. A successful resist would cut the damage in half too. For example, if you are hit at 100hp the spell damage would be 50 with a resist check afterwards possibly cutting it down to 25.

Cutpurse

Post by Cutpurse »

Yeah, he didnt kill me. He's my neighbor, and he's obviously just trying to be a dick. His name is UOSAPlayer.
He EQed me while I was macroing sparring an NPC fighter so of course the NPC charges the wall.. he killed it with an MS.

He lives in the tower in the clear area just south of the Yew GY.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I can see how that would be a problem in that particular situation. What you need to do is lock some boxes down to surround him so he won't move when someone like this aggresses him by using an Earthquake. I always make sure the NPC can't move when doing my combat skills for several reasons.

Cutpurse

Post by Cutpurse »

Faust wrote:I can see how that would be a problem in that particular situation. What you need to do is lock some boxes down to surround him so he won't move when someone like this aggresses him by using an Earthquake. I always make sure the NPC can't move when doing my combat skills for several reasons.
Thanks for the tip.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, EQ range is much wider than MS/CL, but can't kill directly. You should be cautious of this when sparring though.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Faust wrote:I can see how that would be a problem in that particular situation. What you need to do is lock some boxes down to surround him so he won't move when someone like this aggresses him by using an Earthquake. I always make sure the NPC can't move when doing my combat skills for several reasons.
I've been able to successfully kill an NPC and 9 sheep trapped in the center of the large L-shaped with only Earthquake. No Meteor Swarm, nobody attacking any of the targets, just pure EQ spam.

I'm under the impression that Earthquake can't kill players, but anything else is likely to die. Is this true?
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

hiicha wrote:
I've been able to successfully kill an NPC and 9 sheep trapped in the center of the large L-shaped with only Earthquake. No Meteor Swarm, nobody attacking any of the targets, just pure EQ spam.

I'm under the impression that Earthquake can't kill players, but anything else is likely to die. Is this true?
You can kill non-players with it.

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”