giving murder counts...

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Mor'Sereg

giving murder counts...

Post by Mor'Sereg »

What era did OSI remove the ability to recall from a fight and still give a murder count? Or am i thinking of some other shard? No biggie, but giving counts after you recall from fight is ultra-lame.

Flatwoods

Re: giving murder counts...

Post by Flatwoods »

I'm fairly sure that it always was if you dealt damage then you could get a count as long as you died before the 2 minute attack timer wore off (after the last damage dealt). If you didn't want to take a kill... then why would you attack in the first place? Just pretend you killed him and didn't get any loot.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye. this is valid.
If you attacked someone and they die in the next two minutes it's your count. If they recalled home red-lined, and were killed by a gargoyle waiting on a doorstep the kill still lands on the initial aggressor.

niqeo

Post by niqeo »

very true, but I see where this is going. People don't like the fact that somone rolls up with their blue spamming you talking trash and when you pwn them and they get the recall off, they just kill themselves with their other toon then res again give you the count. Yes very lame, but you always have the option to ignore the newbs.
Mr.Brown wrote:peace out bro hopefully you can play again..you taught me t2a pvp!
Nevermore wrote:Besides just by playing the shard, vets will have plenty of things that most people who haven't been around as long don't.

Maleficia

Post by Maleficia »

Also didn't becoming fully healed, negate the ability to report. I seem to remember many a time running from greys trying to heal me before I could die somewhere and give the count.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye. if you're healed to full it should not allow you to count the person if you subsequently die.

Faust

Post by Faust »

There was a patch in early '99 that removed the ability to give a murder count if someone recalled away.
Thieves Guild, new skills, and more Feb 24 1999 1:06PM
You will no longer be able to report people for murder after recalling away.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Nice find. Thanks.

This will be implemented in the nxt patch.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Derrick wrote:Aye. if you're healed to full it should not allow you to count the person if you subsequently die.
Might want to do some tests on this or add a seperate "tag" for paralyze.. If you change this than you could just heal the victim after paralyzing them, thus receiving no counts.

I could be looking too hard into this though.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Mor'Sereg

Post by Mor'Sereg »

Faust wrote:There was a patch in early '99 that removed the ability to give a murder count if someone recalled away.
Thieves Guild, new skills, and more Feb 24 1999 1:06PM
You will no longer be able to report people for murder after recalling away.
I was looking through the history before starting this thread but couln't find that little piece of information.
I recalled the recalling away and not being able to report, but since others didn't recall that, I gave up on looking, HOHO! ;p

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

alatar wrote:
Derrick wrote:Aye. if you're healed to full it should not allow you to count the person if you subsequently die.
Might want to do some tests on this or add a seperate "tag" for paralyze.. If you change this than you could just heal the victim after paralyzing them, thus receiving no counts.

I could be looking too hard into this though.
As soon as you damaged them again though you'd be eligible for counts. This is contrary to the two minute timer and I don't belive it's currently active.

niqeo

Post by niqeo »

This will be a nice addition.
Mr.Brown wrote:peace out bro hopefully you can play again..you taught me t2a pvp!
Nevermore wrote:Besides just by playing the shard, vets will have plenty of things that most people who haven't been around as long don't.

HarryB

Post by HarryB »

I remember getting multiple counts for attacking certain assholes back in the day......so I just said screw it and kept on murdering.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I'm going to go ahead and call someone out for abusing this system. The other day my trusty compadre and I were in a completely legitimate fight north of vesper. We were very much blue, and our combatants were Red and Grey, a standard 2v2. In any case, in pops "Aliyah" of the honerable A$$ guild who proceeds to cast explosion-recall combos on me. So I ran into town and allowed myself to die, figuring she would mind her own business. But alas, I could give no murdercounts. Seriously? If this is the case, Im going to Gather several of my blue friends and Explode-Recall combo murder people.

That is freaking ridiculous, all I have to say...
/rant

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”