Hell Hounds Respawn

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Hell Hounds Respawn

Post by Hemperor »

Hell hounds are currently respawning all at the same time in Hyloth. I know this has been mentioned before by Kaivan and I believe Derrick said he was planning on fixing it for the taming patch... maybe there has been new info since?

Not sure, this is more of an "update request"/reminder.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Derrick

Re: Hell Hounds Respawn

Post by Derrick »

This is proper as per Ezp. I'll leave this for him to respond to.
They are also supposed to follow pack behavior but we had to pull that code due to an issue.

Ezp
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Ezp »

As the name implies they are the hounds commonly found in fiery dungeons. They have a Hit point based fireball. At full strength they do around 15 points of damage. Individually they are not too much of a problem, but unfortunately they are never alone. Hell Hounds spawn in groups of 5-8 and attack as a single group. Attacking one of the Hounds will make the entire pack attack you. In this sense they can be very dangerous, as a group of fighters can quickly be overwhelmed as each warrior is taken down individually.

Stratics

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Ezp wrote:As the name implies they are the hounds commonly found in fiery dungeons. They have a Hit point based fireball. At full strength they do around 15 points of damage. Individually they are not too much of a problem, but unfortunately they are never alone. Hell Hounds spawn in groups of 5-8 and attack as a single group. Attacking one of the Hounds will make the entire pack attack you. In this sense they can be very dangerous, as a group of fighters can quickly be overwhelmed as each warrior is taken down individually.

Stratics
Hell Hounds certainly don't do 15 damage currently

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat