skill help new accounts

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

skill help new accounts

Post by ~|~Damaja »

Now don't go crazy. This is just an idea I thought I'd throw out there to get some opinions and feelings.

What if we did something like 2x skill gains on anything but crafting/resources related skills for the first week or 2 weeks on any new accounts created for the next month? or some variation of this?

something to entice people to try this place out. We could advertise this bonus and get the word out there.

Derrick, everyone what do you think?

Storm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: skill help new accounts

Post by Storm »

~|~Damaja wrote:Now don't go crazy. This is just an idea I thought I'd throw out there to get some opinions and feelings.

What if we did something like 2x skill gains on anything but crafting/resources related skills for the first week or 2 weeks on any new accounts created for the next month? or some variation of this?

something to entice people to try this place out. We could advertise this bonus and get the word out there.

No.
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

~|~Damaja wrote:Now don't go crazy. This is just an idea I thought I'd throw out there to get some opinions and feelings.

negative ghostrider, that's a negative :lol:

i thought about a 10-20k gold given to an account after donating $5, but i've started to realize/like how legit the shard is. only thing new are the quests, which were lacking in the OSI days.

also, some people would take advantage of this 'bonus gain' day to the N'th degree.
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

I dont know how it could get taken advantage of. most you get is 3 accounts. Could you?

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

ya the more I think about it the more I don't like it myself. Thought I'd see what you all thought though

Maahes

Post by Maahes »

~|~Damaja wrote:I dont know how it could get taken advantage of. most you get is 3 accounts. Could you?
It's actually pretty easy to get more if people really wanted to, and then it would become a pain for us to make sure everyone is following the rules.

Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

No.
I'm a chemistry set that makes only firecrackers and smoke bombs.

Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Hell no. Then it'd be like every other stupid server with outrageous gains and everyone would have everything and tons of money and there'd be almost no economy :-\

platy

Post by platy »

i'm pretty sure the economy is screwed as it is right now, should get better but the difference between the rich and poor on this shard is enormous..maybe cuz so many new players though..

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

OK OK Was dumb idea. Forget I even made this post :cry:

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

platy wrote:i'm pretty sure the economy is screwed as it is right now, should get better but the difference between the rich and poor on this shard is enormous..maybe cuz so many new players though..

well I've noticed so far that the spawns in the dungeons are really alot more then was around in T2A. Seem to respawn a lot quicker to. I am making alot of money very very fast now. It has nothing to do with the toughness of the monsters or anything like that. But there are just way way more monsters out there then there really was on osi. = a ton of fast $. UOR they basically doubled the spawns. So along with the $ dupe bug, Tram and double the spawn in dungeons the economy went to poop.

I have only been through covetous 3 and 4, and shame. But I imagine the rest of dungeons are same?

Storm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Storm »

platy wrote:i'm pretty sure the economy is screwed as it is right now, should get better but the difference between the rich and poor on this shard is enormous..maybe cuz so many new players though..
This is because the rich have been here quite awhile, and the poor are people who have just started, don't play that much, or play in a style that doesn't encourage gold accumulation.
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Storm wrote:
This is because the rich have been here quite awhile, and the poor are people who have just started, don't play that much, or play in a style that doesn't encourage gold accumulation.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Timmy Marknor

Post by Timmy Marknor »

It dont take that long to raise skills

i have a oldschool warrior with the starting skill healing/resist at 50
my char is about 14 days old and i have been playing him about 25-30 hours.
if i remember right my skills are about 70-95 by pure monsterhunting no macroing.

In all raising skills isnt hard

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

Timmy Marknor wrote:
In all raising skills isnt hard
your right.... dumb post. Please delete it and put me out of my misery :)